Visio Professional 2002 Trial

Post by cantonl » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:51:28

I can not run Visio after install.  Get the erro referance
in the knowledge DB Q320227 about page fault GDIPLUS.dll
5.1.3099.0.   The knowledge DB state that there is a MS
fix. Have not been able to locate the fix or contact MS on-
line help for Visio support??  I see that there are others
having the same experance.  What is the solution??

Visio Professional 2002 Trial

Post by Mark Nelson [MS » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 04:47:51

It is not possible to simply download the fix.  You have to contact MS
Product Support.

Because so many people have posted about this, I will attempt to explain:

This is a problem that occurs in a shared component but only manifests
itself in Visio.  The shared component is GDIPLUS, the program that controls
the display of virtually everything you see on your computer screen.  The
bug was discovered after this component was released.  Because the component
is used by a large number of computer programs, it is very risky to make a
change for the benefit of a single program.  Rigorous testing of the bug fix
will be done for the next release of GDIPLUS.  Meanwhile the fix is
available as a patch for Visio users affected by the problem.  Restrictions
are placed on the patch so that Microsoft can track those who have it.  If
you call back with another problem, Product Support can then determine if
this patch has contributed to the problem or not.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

Quote:> I can not run Visio after install.  Get the erro referance
> in the knowledge DB Q320227 about page fault GDIPLUS.dll
> 5.1.3099.0.   The knowledge DB state that there is a MS
> fix. Have not been able to locate the fix or contact MS on-
> line help for Visio support??  I see that there are others
> having the same experance.  What is the solution??

1. 30 Day Trial Version of Visio Standard 2002

I was given a 30 day trial Version of Visio Standard 2002 on CD at a
Microsoft Extreme Event for Office XP. I installed it but determined I
really had no use for it so I uninstalled it under W2K's Add/Remove. I
rebooted the machine and all seemed well until I went into Word 2000,
PowerPoint 2000, Excel 2000 and Outlook 2000 (Microsoft Office Standard
2000). They opened with an error message about setting up the software
again. So I re-installed Visio 2002 and everything works now. How can a
company produce a product that when it is upgraded to a new version gets
its hooks into other Microsoft products, copies over the DLLS these
software uses with newer versions and destroys the ability to work with
these products when the software is uninstalled? Aren't these things
tested before a new version goes public?

Mike Schneier

2. Using Wide-Area Point-to-Point Links for Computer Networking (II)

3. Visio Professional 2002

4. Palm III, How cheap will they get?

5. Microsoft Visio professional 2002

6. How do I add an Overdraft to my Checking in Money?

7. Printing gridlines in Microsoft Professional Visio 2002

8. modem doesn't work

9. visio 2002 professional>print footers and comments

10. Legal visio 2002 professional

11. Copy-Paste / export problem with Visio 2002 Professional

12. Academic Version of Visio Professional 2002