Unlinking Database from drawing

Post by Dan DeStefano, MCP, A+, Net » Wed, 23 May 2001 22:01:55

Subject: unlinking database
Date: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 12:47 PM

Once a link between a database and a drawing has been established, how do
you then sever the link? I have a linked drawing on my computer, however I
have been having problems with the odbc drivers in windows. Now, every time
I duplicate or drop a shape, or open the drawing, I am receiving odbc
errors. I would like to unlink the database from the drawing until I can get
the odbc driver issue resolved.

Thank You,

Dan DeStefano, MCP, A+, Net+

Unlinking Database from drawing

Post by RA » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:52:29

Hi Dan

Here is a way to unlink it
1. Open the drawing
2. Click on Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras \ Database wizard
3. Choose "Create a linked drawing or modify an existing drawing" and next
4. Choose " Create a drawing which represents a database table" and Next
5. Select "Modify existing drawing", browse to the drawing and click on the
"Remove Links" button and Finish to remove the links.

Hope this helps!

- ronnie

> Subject: unlinking database
> Date: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 12:47 PM

> Once a link between a database and a drawing has been established, how do
> you then sever the link? I have a linked drawing on my computer, however I
> have been having problems with the odbc drivers in windows. Now, every
time
> I duplicate or drop a shape, or open the drawing, I am receiving odbc
> errors. I would like to unlink the database from the drawing until I can
get
> the odbc driver issue resolved.

> Thank You,

> Dan DeStefano, MCP, A+, Net+

1. Unlinking drawing and database

Subject: Unlinking database from drawing
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 9:15 AM

Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 9:02 AM

Date: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 12:47 PM

Once a link between a database and a drawing has been established, how do
you then sever the link? I have a linked drawing on my computer, however I
have been having problems with the odbc drivers in windows. Now, every time
I duplicate or drop a shape, or open the drawing, I am receiving odbc
errors. I would like to unlink the database from the drawing until I can get
the odbc driver issue resolved.

Thank You,

Dan DeStefano, MCP, A+, Net+

2. FS Trade/ Latice C Amiga Compiler

3. comp.database, comp.databases, comp.databases.oracle, comp.databases.oracle.tools, comp.databases.oracle.misc, comp.databases.sybase, comp.databases.olap, comp.editors

4. Host keys must have empty passphrase?

5. Database model drawings - reverse engineering

6. File: "MINIX-L MAIL" being sent to you

7. Drawing large databases/diagrams

8. drawing database model using visio

9. "DIFF" Visio drawing vs. Access Database?

10. Linking system information database to drawing

11. Generate drawing from a database

12. Severing Database and Drawing Link