Save as Web Page in Visio 2002 Professional

Save as Web Page in Visio 2002 Professional

Post by Brian Anderso » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:20:29

Hello,

I am trying to export a bunch of drawings to HTML from Visio 2002.  The
drawings are all complete so I chose to "Save as Web Page" and saved under
an existing Web page directory.  I created the links to these Visio pages
from the existing Web page.  I tested it thoroughly from the local drive and
all of the drawings worked fine.  I then moved entire Web site out to the
Web server.  I double checked and all of the files were moved to their
appropriate locations.  However, when I bring up the web page remotely
everything loads fine except the .GIF which is the drawing.  The drawing
never appears on the page.  I checked again and the .GIF is there and if I
open it directly it works fine.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Bandy

Save as Web Page in Visio 2002 Professional

Post by Kathy Dale » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:45:07

I am not an expert, but have you tried saving your HTML files directly to
the web directory.  I believe the save as web page creates a java script
that probably isn't pointing to the web directory where your gif is located.

Quote:> Hello,

> I am trying to export a bunch of drawings to HTML from Visio 2002.  The
> drawings are all complete so I chose to "Save as Web Page" and saved under
> an existing Web page directory.  I created the links to these Visio pages
> from the existing Web page.  I tested it thoroughly from the local drive
and
> all of the drawings worked fine.  I then moved entire Web site out to the
> Web server.  I double checked and all of the files were moved to their
> appropriate locations.  However, when I bring up the web page remotely
> everything loads fine except the .GIF which is the drawing.  The drawing
> never appears on the page.  I checked again and the .GIF is there and if I
> open it directly it works fine.

> Any ideas?

> TIA,
> Bandy

1. Visio 2002: How can I link to page inside Visio file saved as web page?

I'm haveing troubles makeing a hyperlink to a specific
page in a multi-page Visio 2002 document saved as web
page. To clarify this:

I have a 8 page Visio document. I'm useing it to make a
web page with multiple diagrams. I save it as a webpage
and it has buttons to the rest of the pages in the bottom
frame. Now I want to make a hyperlink to page 5 in the
webpage from a complete different web page. And that where
i can't do anything else...

Is it possible by any means???
I would be very grateful if anyone could help me...:)

2. lost outlook contacts

3. Visio 2002 Save as Web Page, Page info on Background not in GIF

4. Implementing Constraints

5. Visio 2002 - save as a web page

6. the ** NEW ** Toshiba PCX2000 CABLE MODEM - Buy one !

7. Problems viewing/linking after saving as web page (Visio 2002)

8. Is there any way to prevent reformatting?

9. saving in visio 2000 or visio 2002 under visio 4 format

10. Visio 5.0 opening Visio 2002 doc saved as Visio 5.0

11. Opening a saved Web Site Map stalls and locks Visio 2002 for Enterprise Architects

12. Use Visio 2002 to Map a Web Page

13. Custom Properties Frame displays in WEB page (Visio 2002)