Legal visio 2002 professional

Post by NEIL » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:04:47

I have just purchased a visio professional 2002 from an
auction on Ebay.
The disk came sealed with no box and some questionable
annotations. It says not for retail distribution or OEM
DISTRIBUTION. It says unlicensed software-illegal without
separate license from Microsoft. The disk carries the
Microsoft label and logo. Is this version legal to use or
sell?

Legal visio 2002 professional

Post by Joe Fese » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 23:12:40

That sounds like a disc from Worldwide fullfillment.

I think the person paid $20 for that disk at best.

I don't think you have a legal license to use or sell the product

--
Joe Feser [Xml MVP]
http://www.fesersoft.com/

Quote:> I have just purchased a visio professional 2002 from an
> auction on Ebay.
> The disk came sealed with no box and some questionable
> annotations. It says not for retail distribution or OEM
> DISTRIBUTION. It says unlicensed software-illegal without
> separate license from Microsoft. The disk carries the
> Microsoft label and logo. Is this version legal to use or
> sell?

Legal visio 2002 professional

Post by Lori [MSFT » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:05:23

Short answer is no--this copy should not have been for sale.
--------------------

Subject: Legal visio 2002 professional
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 22:04:47 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.visio

I have just purchased a visio professional 2002 from an
auction on Ebay.
The disk came sealed with no box and some questionable
annotations. It says not for retail distribution or OEM
DISTRIBUTION. It says unlicensed software-illegal without
separate license from Microsoft. The disk carries the
Microsoft label and logo. Is this version legal to use or
sell?

--
Lori Pearce, Longhorn SDK