Hyperlink Querys with Visio 2002

Post by Eric Glasnap » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 01:47:34

Hi,

I'm having a problem generating image mapped webpages with
Visio 2002.  We are using links to query an SQL database
but when converting the file to HTML, Visio truncates the
query string from the end of the URL.

The defined link within the Visio file for example is:

http://etest/emp_dir/employee.idc?
lname=Aldaz&fname=Vanessa&empnum=0698

But upon conversion to html, Visio truncates everything
from the "?" back ending with:
http://etest/emp_dir/employee.idc

Previous versions of Vision (2000 and prior) did not
truncate the query string.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric Glasnapp

Post by Eric Glasnap » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 01:48:17

Hi,

I'm having a problem generating image mapped webpages with
Visio 2002.  We are using links to query an SQL database
but when converting the file to HTML, Visio truncates the
query string from the end of the URL.

The defined link within the Visio file for example is:

http://etest/emp_dir/employee.idc?
lname=Flintstone&fname=Fred&empnum=1234

But upon conversion to html, Visio truncates everything
from the "?" back ending with:
http://etest/emp_dir/employee.idc

Previous versions of Vision (2000 and prior) did not
truncate the query string.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric Glasnapp

1. Hyperlink error in Visio 2002??!!?

Hi everyone

I have Visio 2002 SR-1 installed. When i define a asp-connection in a Visio
file; it works fine. But when i try to save the file as a html; the whole
sting behind the "?" disappears

(e.g. http://webserver/terminal/connect.asp?Server=Server&FS=1&rW=1024&rH=768&

becomes

http://webserver /terminal/connect.asp) !!! This is useless for  a selective
networkdiagramm.

When I do the exact thing in Visio 2000 it works!

Any ideas?

Thanx

2. need files

3. Hyperlinks in Visio 2002

4. installing cd rom drive

5. Visio pro 2002 + Netscape+relative Hyperlinks=does not work

6. Problem when mail - Please help!!

7. Visio 2002 Professional and hyperlinks ...

8. Color

9. Visio 2002 and truncating hyperlinks

10. saving in visio 2000 or visio 2002 under visio 4 format

11. Visio 5.0 opening Visio 2002 doc saved as Visio 5.0

12. Copying Access 2002 Query result to Excel 2002

13. BTS 2002 Orchestration & Visio 2002 VS .NET Enterprise Architect