Copying diagrams between UML systems

Post by Scott H » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 05:26:14

Hi:

Is it possible to copy a directory/package and the classes without losing
the pages (i.e. diagrams) where these classes are drawn?  I don't know how
to keep the class relationships after dragging the package (and its content)
to another UML system within the UML Navigator.  This is the biggest problem
I have when reusing classes because the relationships do not get copied.
After I dragged the content to a new UML system, I had to recreate all the
relationships I had previously.  Is there any way to get around this?  I
just thought it would be such a pain to recreate all the relationships every
time; it completely loses the point of design reuse.

Thanks for any help.

Scott Ho

Copying diagrams between UML systems

Post by RA » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:00:43

Hi Scott

It seems like if we drag a package over, the contents do not get copied
correctly.
The workaround is to drag each of the classes into the new diagram and they
will maintain their relationship. A bit tedious if there are many classes...

Sorry for the trouble!

- ronnie

Quote:> Hi: