1. SymbolicLink not valid on USB2, valid on USB1.1??
I have a USB2 device that provides a serial number, which
the bus driver uses to create a symbolic link name. I can
use that symbolic link name to connect using CreateFile,
except on some machines on the USB2 port it won't connect,
CreateFile returns FFFFFFFF instead. On the same machine,
it will connect on the USB1.1 port. USB1.1 is built-in,
USB2.0 is via an OrangeMicro PCMCIA interface card.
The symbolic link I'm using is created for me in the
WHere "XTG20020845" is my device serial number field.
The SymbolicName is:
I create a name string as follows:
unsigned int SerNum = 20020845;
<< "\\\\.\\USB#Vid_8086&Pid_1130#XTG" << dec << SerNum
My CreateFile call looks like:
hInst = CreateFile(
GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE,
FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE,
Anyone see similar results or know why the CreateFile
might only work with the USB1.1 vs. USB2.0? There is a
driver that creates a generic "Itpusbx0" symbolic link,
and that works for either USB1.1 or USB2.0, but it isn't
serial number unique.
I see this on XP and W2k, more frequently on Thinkpads.
2. MS MONEY 2004 Small Business Plus
3. I am looking for a good scanner to create gifs and jpgs for my HTML pages
4. Why is Oracle on NT that slow?
5. , dealing w/modal dialog that may or may not exist
6. can't send to any user except ROOT
7. AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)
8. How to turn off icon at start-up?
9. Ias service does not start (Data not valid)
10. Why am I getting this warning "dataset may be incomplete" ?
11. Creating valid hyperlinks
12. Problems creating two A5 pages on A4 page
13. Dialog box"File format is not valid",how to solve