Visio Pro 2002 SR-1 Update will not install

Visio Pro 2002 SR-1 Update will not install

Post by Pat Mollo » Sun, 11 May 2003 08:44:16

I have Visio Pro 2002 on my office computer; I have
downloaded the SR-1 Update for it; when I try to install
it, I get an error message which reads "The Windows
Installer could not install the upgrade patch because the
program being upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade
patch indicates a different version of the program."
I am using the correct version of hte SR-1 for Visio Pro
2002, and I do have Visio Pro 2002 installed on my
computer.
On my home computer, I have a separate licensed copy of
Visio Standard 2002, and when I try to install the
version of SR-1 for it, I get the same error message.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Visio Pro 2002 SR-1 Update will not install

Post by Davi » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:01:30

I had that and when I checked my version I found that SR-1
was already installed.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have Visio Pro 2002 on my office computer; I have
>downloaded the SR-1 Update for it; when I try to install
>it, I get an error message which reads "The Windows
>Installer could not install the upgrade patch because the
>program being upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade
>patch indicates a different version of the program."
>I am using the correct version of hte SR-1 for Visio Pro
>2002, and I do have Visio Pro 2002 installed on my
>computer.
>On my home computer, I have a separate licensed copy of
>Visio Standard 2002, and when I try to install the
>version of SR-1 for it, I get the same error message.

>Does anyone know a way around this?
>.

1. Printing in Visio Pro 2002 SR-1

Visio crashes everytime I try to print to a network
printer (HP 4100DTN) with the following event log entry:

Faulting application visio.exe, version 10.0.2420.4,
faulting module comdlg32.dll, version 6.0.2800.1106,
fault address 0x0000b11e.

All other Office XP applications work fine - this is
specific to Visio

Any help gratefully received

2. FOOL workshop: call for papers

3. UML state transition labels in Visio Pro 2002 SR-1

4. A question for people living in the Ottawa-Hull area (Ont., Canada)

5. Visio Pro 5.0 & Visio Pro 2002

6. stoping

7. Would installing Visio 2002 solve problems with Visio 2000 install/uninstall?

8. O2 and FireWire

9. Updates to Visio 2002 Pro?

10. Visio 2002 Pro hangs updating cache

11. Visual Basic 6.0 spawns Visio 2002 SR-1 installer

12. Left to right problem with Visio 2002 SR-1

13. Left to Right VISIO 2002 SR-1 Problem