double click shape opens that shape's page?

double click shape opens that shape's page?

Post by Brett Frankli » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:06:12

Like the subject line says, I would like to be able to
double click on a shape located in Page 1, and be able to
go directly to a "sub-page" (e.g., page 3) that contains
details for that shape. Basically want to be able to
reorder sub-pages and still be able to go directly to
those pages from a double click on the shape. (I know I
can assign a "go to page" on double click, but would like
shape to update itself if I ever change order of pages...)

I'm using Visio Standard 5.0 for Windows. (I know, I
know...upgrade the damn thing already.)

double click shape opens that shape's page?

Post by Joe » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:07:19

Copy shape(s).  Go to another application and Paste
Special as Visio Drawing Object and link.  Display the
page in Visio where you want to place the shape.  Go back
to other app and right drag the linked object back into
Visio (if Visio is obscured by the other app's window,
right-drag to the Visio button on the taskbar.

Should work as you are wanting.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Like the subject line says, I would like to be able to
>double click on a shape located in Page 1, and be able
>go directly to a "sub-page" (e.g., page 3) that contains
>details for that shape. Basically want to be able to
>reorder sub-pages and still be able to go directly to
>those pages from a double click on the shape. (I know I
>can assign a "go to page" on double click, but would
like
>shape to update itself if I ever change order of
pages...)

>I'm using Visio Standard 5.0 for Windows. (I know, I
>know...upgrade the damn thing already.)
>.

1. Open a new browser by clicking shape

I am using Visio 2002 Professional with SR1. I save my
Visio drawings as web pages.

I want to click a Visio object that opens a second
browser. The new browser displays an image, Internet web
page or another Visio drawing (saved as a web page).

In the object's Shapesheet, I have set the Hyperlinks
NewWindow field to true. I see no difference between
setting the field to true or false.

Can somebody please provide  a solution to  open another
browser from within a Visio web page? Does anyone have
detailed information on using the Shapesheet to modify
hyperlinks?

Glenn

2. Post doc vacancies in Singapore

3. creating a 'link' to a shape on another page.

4. US-IS-JOBS

5. Quark Mac - Can't double-click to open file

6. SPARC tagged data

7. How to create a double click using VBA CODE without actually double clicking on the mouse

8. Job Listings for Visual Basic Professionals in the Dallas-Fort Worth area

9. Shapes move to left edge of page upon opening file

10. Hyperlink from Shape 2 Shape

11. Deleting 1D-Shapes connected to a 2D-Shape...

12. How to Hyperlink Shape to Shape Across Visio Files

13. Hiding shapes/Changing shape sttributes