Visio 2002 Professional and hyperlinks ...

Visio 2002 Professional and hyperlinks ...

Post by Sandy Hen » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:45:45

I have created 11 pages of a department org chart that I would like to
save using the "save as web page" option.  Firstly I would like to
save them without using the frames feature.  Our intranet doesn't use
frames.  This is not the nature of my problem.  If this could get
answered though it owuld be a great help.  My real problem is that
each employee in the org chart is linked to their employee profile.
When it saves the individual pages as html it truncates the
hyperlinked address.  Example: when I typed in the address it was
something like this http://www.anywhere.com/employees/pages/profile.jsp?emplid=Q%5ERGJT.
 The query to pull up the specific employee is in the hyperlink
address.  What it ends up saving is only this part of the address
http://www.anywhere.com/employees/pages/profile.jsp.  I have tried to
test this in an older version of Visio and it saves the entire
address.  The reason why I don't use that copy is that in it
conversion it messes up some of the formatting of the charts and
doesn't produce a clear crisp page.

Can anyone help??

thanks in advance
Sandy

Visio 2002 Professional and hyperlinks ...

Post by Kevi » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:08:46

Hello,

I have a workaround for you that should get the job
done.  Open the Visio drawing with the org chart, and
from the menu select File > Properties.  Click in
the "Hyperlink Base" field and put a space (just a blank
space).  Click OK, save the document, and then save as
web.  This should force the hyperlinks to be written out
differently.  The tooltip (if you just hover over the
shape) will still show the URL without the parameters,
but the hyperlink should work correctly.

I hope this works for you.

Kevin

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have created 11 pages of a department org chart that I
would like to
>save using the "save as web page" option.  Firstly I
would like to
>save them without using the frames feature.  Our

intranet doesn't use
Quote:>frames.  This is not the nature of my problem.  If this
could get
>answered though it owuld be a great help.  My real
problem is that
>each employee in the org chart is linked to their
employee profile.
>When it saves the individual pages as html it truncates
the
>hyperlinked address.  Example: when I typed in the
address it was
>something like this

http://www.anywhere.com/employees/pages/profile.jsp?
emplid=Q%5ERGJT.
Quote:> The query to pull up the specific employee is in the
hyperlink
>address.  What it ends up saving is only this part of
the address
>http://www.anywhere.com/employees/pages/profile.jsp.  I
have tried to
>test this in an older version of Visio and it saves the
entire
>address.  The reason why I don't use that copy is that
in it
>conversion it messes up some of the formatting of the
charts and
>doesn't produce a clear crisp page.

>Can anyone help??

>thanks in advance
>Sandy
>.

1. Hyperlink error in Visio 2002??!!?

Hi everyone

I have Visio 2002 SR-1 installed. When i define a asp-connection in a Visio
file; it works fine. But when i try to save the file as a html; the whole
sting behind the "?" disappears

(e.g. http://webserver/terminal/connect.asp?Server=Server&FS=1&rW=1024&rH=768&

becomes

http://webserver /terminal/connect.asp) !!! This is useless for  a selective
networkdiagramm.

When I do the exact thing in Visio 2000 it works!

Any ideas?

Thanx

2. Bar Code in Printing Problem

3. Hyperlink Querys with Visio 2002

4. usb bootloader on sa1110

5. Hyperlinks in Visio 2002

6. Printing stops while scanning

7. Visio pro 2002 + Netscape+relative Hyperlinks=does not work

8. Alternative to ping

9. Visio 2002 and truncating hyperlinks

10. Printing gridlines in Microsoft Professional Visio 2002

11. Microsoft Visio professional 2002

12. Legal visio 2002 professional

13. visio 2002 professional>print footers and comments