UML; Nested Datatypes??

Post by Kevin Godde » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:11:09

Hi all,

Is there any way of creating nested datatypes, for example modeling an
enumeration nested within a class?  I can created nested classes etc. but
there does not seem to be an option to create a nested datatype.  Also it
doesn't seem possible to drop a existing datatype into a class.

Thanks,

Kev\

UML; Nested Datatypes??

Post by RA » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 10:18:40

Hi Kevin

There is no direct way to model this behavior although it would probably be
useful.
The UML 1.2 specs do not specify a method either.

I suppose you can create a class with attributes that have default values
and create a custom stereotype for the class to reflect that it is an enum.
Not a very elegant workaround but it might suffice maybe ?

Thanks

- ronnie

Quote:> Hi all,