Visio pro 2002 + Netscape+relative Hyperlinks=does not work

Visio pro 2002 + Netscape+relative Hyperlinks=does not work

Post by Jeff McCal » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 05:05:27

Hi everyone,
 Here is my problem.

I have created many flows with visio (500 +) and when I
hardcode a hyperlink to a shape with the full address is
works fine in I.E. and Netscape.

But..

When I put in a relative path it works fine in I.E but not
Netscape (all versions). What it does is the following.

I put the following hyperlink in a shape in visio:
..\jeff\jeff.htm

In I.E. it looks like this:
http://jeff.system.com/jeff/jeff.htm - everything works
fine.

In Netscape (all versions) when I export this vsd file to
html and view it and I click on the shape to go to the url
it looks like this
http://jeff.system.com/..\jeff\jeff.htm

of course this will not work and I have a requirement to
be be able to view the flows in either I.E or Netscape and
I need to make the flows portable (move to any web server)

so hard-coding the url into the shape is not an option.

I have Visio 2002 pro with the latest service pack and it
does not work.

HELP !!!!

Jeff

1. Visio Pro 5.0 & Visio Pro 2002

Can you install both Visio Pro 5.0 & Visio Pro 2002 on Win
NT 4.0 and use them at the same time?  I have both
installed and Visio 5.0 opens; then when I open Visio
2002, I can not open Visio 5.0 again, after I close it. I
opens the screen stating Visio 5.0 and it freezes. Is it
possible to get them both running? Any advise?

2. FA: Sun Sparc 2 w/ RedHat Linux 5.2

3. Visio Pro 2002 SR-1 Update will not install

4. There was a problem loading Unicode tables

5. Does XMI export work in Visio 2002 Pro?

6. KTelnet -- multiple authentication option negotiation?

7. XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

8. Incoming faxes problem with DFS 4.5

9. Visio 2002 Pro "VBA File Not Found" Error

10. Visio 2002 Link to bookmark in open Word document does not work

11. RUNADDON in Visio 2002 does not work...HELP!

12. ODBC error when opening Visio file in Visio 2002 Pro

13. Visio 2002 Pro - vs - Visio 5 std