XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by Julio Andrad » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:01:36

Hello,

I installed 2002 Pro, downloaded the XMI Exporter from [1], compiled the add
on, and placed the files in the appropriate location [2]. However, the XMI
Export option doesn't appear under Tools > Macros > Visio Extras.

The exact same files (in the same locations) work on a second PC that has
Visio for Enterprise Architects.

Thanks,
Julio

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/780/msdncompositedoc.xml&FinishURL=%2Fdownloads%2Frele
ase%2Easp%3Freleaseid%3D35645%26redirect%3Dno

[2]
VisioUmlAddon.vsl under C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Visio10\1033\Solutions\Visio Extras

XMIExport.dll under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Visio10\DLL

XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by RA » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:55:54

The XMI export relies on certain files from VS.Net, thus on a machine with
VS.Net, it shows up.

For Visio 2002 Pro, you can build an addon that calls the XMI export and
make it show up in the Visio Extras menu.
This MSDN article shows how to do that.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvi...
tml/umlxmi.asp

--
-ronnie
[MS]

Quote:> Hello,

> I installed 2002 Pro, downloaded the XMI Exporter from [1], compiled the
add
> on, and placed the files in the appropriate location [2]. However, the XMI
> Export option doesn't appear under Tools > Macros > Visio Extras.

> The exact same files (in the same locations) work on a second PC that has
> Visio for Enterprise Architects.

> Thanks,
> Julio

> [1]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/780/msdncompositedoc.xml&FinishURL=%2Fdownloads%2Frele

Quote:> ase%2Easp%3Freleaseid%3D35645%26redirect%3Dno

> [2]
> VisioUmlAddon.vsl under C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\Visio10\1033\Solutions\Visio Extras

> XMIExport.dll under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Visio10\DLL

XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by Julio Andrad » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:46:56

Ronnie,

that is exactly what I did. I compiled the vsl per instructions, but
obviously on a machine with VS.Net. Then copied it to a second machine where
VS.Net is not present, but Visio 2002 Pro is. Even tried on a third machine
without luck.

Julio

> The XMI export relies on certain files from VS.Net, thus on a machine with
> VS.Net, it shows up.

> For Visio 2002 Pro, you can build an addon that calls the XMI export and
> make it show up in the Visio Extras menu.
> This MSDN article shows how to do that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvi...
> tml/umlxmi.asp

> --
> -ronnie
> [MS]
rights.

> > Hello,

> > I installed 2002 Pro, downloaded the XMI Exporter from [1], compiled the
> add
> > on, and placed the files in the appropriate location [2]. However, the
XMI
> > Export option doesn't appear under Tools > Macros > Visio Extras.

> > The exact same files (in the same locations) work on a second PC that
has
> > Visio for Enterprise Architects.

> > Thanks,
> > Julio

> > [1]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/780/msdncompositedoc.xml&FinishURL=%2Fdownloads%2Frele

Quote:> > ase%2Easp%3Freleaseid%3D35645%26redirect%3Dno

> > [2]
> > VisioUmlAddon.vsl under C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> > Office\Visio10\1033\Solutions\Visio Extras

> > XMIExport.dll under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Visio10\DLL

XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by Christian Wiedeman » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:41:39

Hi
I had the same problem.
In Viso 2002pro it did not work but in viso for enterprise. So it seems that
it simply doesnt work in visio 2002

Christian

> Ronnie,

> that is exactly what I did. I compiled the vsl per instructions, but
> obviously on a machine with VS.Net. Then copied it to a second machine
where
> VS.Net is not present, but Visio 2002 Pro is. Even tried on a third
machine
> without luck.

> Julio

Quote:> > The XMI export relies on certain files from VS.Net, thus on a machine
with
> > VS.Net, it shows up.

> > For Visio 2002 Pro, you can build an addon that calls the XMI export and
> > make it show up in the Visio Extras menu.
> > This MSDN article shows how to do that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvi...
> > tml/umlxmi.asp

> > --
> > -ronnie
> > [MS]
> rights.

> > > Hello,

> > > I installed 2002 Pro, downloaded the XMI Exporter from [1], compiled
the
> > add
> > > on, and placed the files in the appropriate location [2]. However, the
> XMI
> > > Export option doesn't appear under Tools > Macros > Visio Extras.

> > > The exact same files (in the same locations) work on a second PC that
> has
> > > Visio for Enterprise Architects.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Julio

> > > [1]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/780/msdncompositedoc.xml&FinishURL=%2Fdownloads%2Frele

Quote:> > > ase%2Easp%3Freleaseid%3D35645%26redirect%3Dno

> > > [2]
> > > VisioUmlAddon.vsl under C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> > > Office\Visio10\1033\Solutions\Visio Extras

> > > XMIExport.dll under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Visio10\DLL

XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by RA » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:42:00

I think that Visual Studio.Net is required for the XMI export to work.

--
-ronnie
[MS]

> Hi
> I had the same problem.
> In Viso 2002pro it did not work but in viso for enterprise. So it seems
that
> it simply doesnt work in visio 2002

> Christian

> > Ronnie,

> > that is exactly what I did. I compiled the vsl per instructions, but
> > obviously on a machine with VS.Net. Then copied it to a second machine
> where
> > VS.Net is not present, but Visio 2002 Pro is. Even tried on a third
> machine
> > without luck.

> > Julio

> > > The XMI export relies on certain files from VS.Net, thus on a machine
> with
> > > VS.Net, it shows up.

> > > For Visio 2002 Pro, you can build an addon that calls the XMI export
and
> > > make it show up in the Visio Extras menu.
> > > This MSDN article shows how to do that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvi...

> > > tml/umlxmi.asp

> > > --
> > > -ronnie
> > > [MS]
> > rights.

> the
> > > add
> > XMI

> > has

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/780/msdncompositedoc.xml&FinishURL=%2Fdownloads%2Frele

Quote:> > > > ase%2Easp%3Freleaseid%3D35645%26redirect%3Dno

XMI Export not available in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by George Arch » Wed, 01 May 2002 23:30:02

Hi Julio,

The XMI export requires Visio 2002 Enterprise architect edition.

I hope this helps!

George Archer
Microsoft