saving in visio 2000 or visio 2002 under visio 4 format

saving in visio 2000 or visio 2002 under visio 4 format

Post by benoit combe » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 01:47:44

hello
At home i have visio 4
at work i have visio 2000
i would like in visio 2000 to save at visio 4 format, to continue my job at
home, but visio 2000 does not give me the choice to save under visio 4
format.
Is there any add on or converter or filter to do this ?
a tip ?
may i solve this with upgrading to visio 2002 ?
thanks
benoit from bordeaux france

saving in visio 2000 or visio 2002 under visio 4 format

Post by John Marshall, MV » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:02:08

Visio 4 does not understand later versions of Visio (Visio 4.1, 4.5, 5, 2000
or 2002). Visio 2000 and Visio 2002 can open earlier versions of Visio, but
only save as the current and previous file format version. Since the format
did not change between Visio 2000 and Visio 2002, the previous file format
for both of them is Visio 5. (Visio 5, could save as Visio 4.x)

The only way to save as Visio 4 is to save in Visio 5 format for Visio 2000
and obtain a copy of Visio 5 and use it to save in Visio 4 format. The down
side (other than trying to obtain a copy of Visio 5) is that as you save in
an older version format, information will be lost, because features that
were introduced in later versions are not available in previous versions.

Upgrading will solve your problem, but the current version of Visio only
allows upgrades for users of Visio 5 or higher.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm