ODBC error when opening Visio file in Visio 2002 Pro

ODBC error when opening Visio file in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by kevi » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 05:58:50

I receive the error:

The odbc error resource dll (c:\windows\
system\odbcint.dll) is a different version than the ODBC
driver manager (c:\windows\system\odbc32.dll).
Click OK to proceed. Click cancel to abort.

If I proceed everything works, if I cancel I get a
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error:
Assertion Failed!
Program:...ogram Files\Microsoft Office\Visio10\visio.exe
File:..\shared\mpcs.cpp
Line: 148

Expression: pPolledObject

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ODBC error when opening Visio file in Visio 2002 Pro

Post by al edlun » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:24:59

Given the directory names (windows/system) and file names
(odbcint.dll/odbc32.dll) it looks like mixed version
problems in the database. The odbc32.dll (at least on my
system) is in the 32 bit directory (system32). Usually I
find the 16 bit apps in the system/directory.
I'd start by checking operating system vs office system
issues.
Al
Quote:>-----Original Message-----