Visio 2002 and truncating hyperlinks

Post by Peter Fili » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:58:09

We're working on some fairly large network diagrams and we're linking
our routers to websites that have links like
blahblah.pl?router=router1, however, the links get cut off an
blahblah.pl.

I was going through the newsgroups and found that you can go into the
Shapesheet for each and every shape and manually add the
?router=router1 into the Address field. This is way too tedious. Why
can't UNCHECKING the Use Relative Links checkbox work? When I uncheck
it and hit okay and go back into the hyperlink editing window, the
button is checked and the URL gets truncated.

Does someone have a better solution for this?

Visio 2002 and truncating hyperlinks

Post by Andy [MS » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:14:40

Check out this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299175

The simplest solution is to put a space character into the "Hyperlink Base"
field in the document properties.

--
Andy
Microsoft Corporation

Quote:> We're working on some fairly large network diagrams and we're linking
> our routers to websites that have links like
> blahblah.pl?router=router1, however, the links get cut off an
> blahblah.pl.

> I was going through the newsgroups and found that you can go into the
> Shapesheet for each and every shape and manually add the
> ?router=router1 into the Address field. This is way too tedious. Why
> can't UNCHECKING the Use Relative Links checkbox work? When I uncheck
> it and hit okay and go back into the hyperlink editing window, the
> button is checked and the URL gets truncated.

> Does someone have a better solution for this?

1. Hyperlink error in Visio 2002??!!?

Hi everyone

I have Visio 2002 SR-1 installed. When i define a asp-connection in a Visio
file; it works fine. But when i try to save the file as a html; the whole
sting behind the "?" disappears

(e.g. http://webserver/terminal/connect.asp?Server=Server&FS=1&rW=1024&rH=768&

becomes

http://webserver /terminal/connect.asp) !!! This is useless for  a selective
networkdiagramm.

When I do the exact thing in Visio 2000 it works!

Any ideas?

Thanx

2. 3rd party MiniDock question ?

3. Hyperlink Querys with Visio 2002

4. NTLDR missing

5. Hyperlinks in Visio 2002

6. ipaq 3850 modem

7. Visio pro 2002 + Netscape+relative Hyperlinks=does not work

8. Single-chip 10bT Ethernet Available?

9. Visio 2002 Professional and hyperlinks ...

10. saving in visio 2000 or visio 2002 under visio 4 format

11. Visio 5.0 opening Visio 2002 doc saved as Visio 5.0

12. BTS 2002 Orchestration & Visio 2002 VS .NET Enterprise Architect

13. Project Integration Visio 2000 vs Visio 2002