STE Sound Programming / Call me dumb.

Post by David C Tr » Sat, 23 Jun 1990 13:28:59

Hi. You may know me as the Toad guy. But anyway, the reason I'm here. I'm
rather new to C programming and I need to know how to do something very
very simple. POKING. I've got the STE, and I'm trying to get it to play a
sample. According to the Atari Developer information, all you have to do
is set up some info in these new funky swell registers, and awaay we go.
But, my problem is getting the right values into the registers. Example:
Suppose I want to put the value 10000011 (binary) into the location
FF8920. How, in the name of Jack Tramiel am I to do this? What's the deal?
How do I define that address in C specifically. Please help. Call me dumb,
but I'm confused, and willing to listen. I looked through all my C manuals

                                                                - Dave