STik and CAB problem (This worked for me :) **

STik and CAB problem (This worked for me :) **

Post by afn14.. » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

                     RE: STIK AND CAB PROBLEM

> Here is a problem i have using STiK and CAB: STiK dials the number of my
> Internet provider and connects succesfully. Then i load CAB and try to open
> a URL. It says "resolving host" and after a minute or two, it stops
> resolving and it opens a window with nothing in it! However, a friend goes
> further with his ST.

 Please tell me what to do. I would be grateful for some help. :-(

   I am having the same problem as you are having. I'm about to give up on
solving it. I would like to use my Atari for www access, but now that I
have Macs available and they work easily for this, I can't really justify
spending more time trying to get Stik/CAB to work correctly.
    Paul
-----------------
    Well, friends I also had exactly the same problem.
I found two things that made it work. Try this as it works for me.

I use Stalker to connect because it enhables me to use the computer as it
is dialing. Once it connects I activate Stick and type the IP address.

For some reason this works all the time and not all the time when I
use Stik to connect. Also you may find it interesting that after you
made the connection and loaded CAB and AntMail if you reboot your
computer and activate Stik the programs still work on line.

I will include here my configuration as it really works. Remember
that I also had the problems you are having.

    Make sure that STIKTSR.PRG is the last one  loading from your
    AUTO folder.

    With this configuration CAB and Ant Mail work very well and CAB
is very solid.

Some of these parameters are not really necessary but it does not hurt
to have them there.

I just got e. mail from a  friend from Grece that solved his problem
with this configuration. Please don't give up as it is really worth
it. :)

Dial file
---------------------

-------
BAUD_RATE = 19200
HANGUP = DTR:
PREFIX = ATDT
INIT =ATH
CONNECT_WAIT = 55
REDIAL_DELAY = 2
PHONE_NUMBER =3340200
SUCCESS = CONNECT
FAILURE = BUSY
FAILURE = NO CARRIER
FAILURE = NO DIALTONE
CONNECT_WAIT = 35
REDIAL_DELAY = 5
SUCCESS = CONNECT
FAILURE = BUSY
FAILURE = NO CARRIER
FAILURE = NO DIALTONE
FIND = login:
RESP = afn14016
FIND = Password:
RESP = your pasword
FIND =Enter choice now:
RESP = 2
FIND = Your address is
RESP = $GET_IP

-------
Default file
----
ALLOCMEM = 100000
SERIALPORT  =   Modem 2
CDVALID = YES
DIALFILE = dial.scr
EXECDIR = D:\WWW\CAB\
EXECFILE = cab.app
TTL         =   64
PING_TTL    =  255
MTU         = 1500
MSS         =  212
PKT_SIZE    =  236
DFB_SIZE    =  580
RCV_WND     = 2000
UP_RESPONSE =   2
SESSIONLOG = ON
STATLOG    = ON
PACKETLOG  = ON
TCPHDRLOG  = OFF
DEBUGLOG   = OFF
USERNAME = raymond
HOSTNAME = afn.org

NAMESERVER = 128.227.163.5
IRCNICK     = ant
IRCSERVER = afn.org
IRCPORT   =6667
IRCPONGMSG = Yes, IRC is often slow and frustration, isn't i
IRCLOG  = OFF
IRCLOG2 = OFF

POP_PASSWORD = your pasword
POP_MAILBOX  = spool\mail\ant.txt
SMTP_MAILPATH = SMTP.afn.org
SMTP_HOSTNAME = smtp.afn.org

1. STik/CAB/MGFTP/Antmail/Forcast all work fine here :)

The installation program makes STik pretty painless to get going.
The only thing I had to edit was one of the prompts my server
makes (it was to long to fit into the auto configuration menu).

CAB works better than ever. Still had to add the file 00000001.htm.
in the cache folder. No crashes so far.

MG FTP is weening me from the PC. This is working really nice.
I don't think this ever bombs.

Ant Mail took a few tries to get set right, but if I would have read
the instructions, it probably would have worked the first time :).
Is way faster than logging on with the PC and starting Eudora.
I'm sold.

Check's in the mail guys. (Ok, on Monday).

Peep, Peep, how can I do newsgroups? (TOS and GEM).

Thank's

Mike

2. Okidata 390 driver

3. StiK ftp works :)

4. Cannot connect - DNS failure

5. :) 64MB of TT-RAM in my TT :) :) :) (no joke!)

6. Need Manual for Dataproducts LZR-2665

7. Atention CAB/STIK/ANTMail really works this way.

8. Shared fax

9. STiK/CAB: It works!!!

10. Atention CAB/STIK/ANTMail really works this way.

11. **STALKER/STIK/CAB combination that works!

12. My CAB Problem solved! :)

13. CAB 1.50, STik 1.11 problems.