Question?

Post by Dane Stegma » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 04:29:28

Hi! I just picked up an Atari 410 recorder at my local fleamarket. I
cannot seem to get it to work. The rewind button works, but not the
fast-forward or the play button. Any ideas!!

Thanks!

Dane St.

Question?

Post by oes » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:11:19

The 410 I have doesn't work on its own (no playing) but it does work when
it's connected to the computer and running/loading a program.  I use it with
my language tapes and it works great.

I'm not sure if my player is screwy or if they are all like that and does
the 1010 recorder also act this way?

-O

Quote:

> Hi! I just picked up an Atari 410 recorder at my local fleamarket. I
> cannot seem to get it to work. The rewind button works, but not the
> fast-forward or the play button. Any ideas!!

> Thanks!

> Dane St.

Question?

Post by Fox- » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:17:29

"oes" wrote

Quote:> The 410 I have doesn't work on its own (no playing) but it does work when
> it's connected to the computer and running/loading a program.

It only plays when the "motor-on" pin on the sio connector is enabled (+5VDC).  Any load instruction on the Atari 8-Bit (LOAD "C:"
,  CLOAD ,  ENTER "C:")  will enable it. (as it does with it's SAVE counterparts).

It's the PIA in the Atari which controls this line (PACTL at $D302)

Disable bit 3 to start the cassette motor, enable that bit to stop.

In assembly:

;start motor
   LDA #$34
   STA $D302

; stop motor
   LDA #$3C
   STA $D302

In BASIC:

.  start motor
POKE 54018,52

. stop motor
POKE 54018,60

--

Grtx, Sysop Fox-1                    http://www7.brinkster.com/atari/

                Remember what the dormouse said...

Question?

Post by Ron Hamilto » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:35:43

It could be a belt or other mechanicals; that Fast Forward should work in
stand alone mode as it is not affected by the motor 'ON' pin.

--
Ron

http://www.atariland.com/members/oldatarian

> The 410 I have doesn't work on its own (no playing) but it does work when
> it's connected to the computer and running/loading a program.  I use it
with
> my language tapes and it works great.

> I'm not sure if my player is screwy or if they are all like that and does
> the 1010 recorder also act this way?

> -O

> > Hi! I just picked up an Atari 410 recorder at my local fleamarket. I
> > cannot seem to get it to work. The rewind button works, but not the
> > fast-forward or the play button. Any ideas!!

> > Thanks!

> > Dane St.

1. questions, questions, questions

I have some questions (again....yeah I know it's getting old)
about various things. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
1) I need to get a telecommunications software package for my
   mega2. I want something that will do terminal emulation,
   file transfer, maybe automatic dialing etc. I keep hearing
   about a program called Flash. Is this program any good
   or would you recommend something else ?

2) I have a mega2 st that I just got a few weeks ago. I also ahve
   Mark Williams C. Is there a way to find out what version of
   Tos is in my Mega ?

3) I have been trying to learn about programming GEM applications.
   I have the MWC documentation and the Balma Fittler book on GEM.
   I have a little experience with C (I'm learning) and I've never
   written any software using any windowing system.
   I'm confused.....I have a program that hopefully will display
   a window on the screen. I have been able to get the window to
   appear and look for me to hit the 'close' box. I notice that
   I have to apparently trap the cursor movement to the sliders,
   bar at the top(to move the window), or the shrinkbox thingy.
   I have my program setup using evnt_mesag() to wait for these
   but I don't know what to do when I get one of them.
   I see all sorts of stuff in the books from wind_x functions,
   to graf_x functions to vdi_x functions. I can't figure out
   when to use what.
   Is there a book that will tell me step by step what needs to
   be done to write a very simple GEM application?
4) What is the relationship between a window and a workstation in
   GEM ?

5) How do you make a GEM program display data in one (or more) of
   the windows/workstations you've created ?

   thanks,
   keith

(see I told you I was confused....! :-)    )

2. People Wanted for Company.

3. questions, questions, questions ...

4. yahoo messenger - missing IDLE.DLL file

5. Hard drive questions/ Atari question

6. Looking for Piper Arrow

7. STFM1040 Joystick Question Question

8. CD ROM Question, Mega STe SCSI question

9. Spectre GCR--SoundMaster questions--Hard Drive questions

10. SUPER CHARGER QUESTIONS (was: Spertre Questions)

11. "dumb" questions about dos and diskzine question.

12. Question on keyboard repair. 3 part Questions