Epson SMD-380 Floppy Drive

Post by Surfbore » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Epson SMD-380 Floppy Drive

This is the drive in my old Atari 520ST.

Can anyone tell me about the pin outs on the back of this drive and the
different jumper settings.

Thanks if you can help me out here.

Epson SMD-380 Floppy Drive

Post by Nicholas Bale » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Epson SMD-380 Floppy Drive

>This is the drive in my old Atari 520ST.

>Can anyone tell me about the pin outs on the back of this drive and the
>different jumper settings.

>Thanks if you can help me out here.

Check out this link for connector pinouts

http://margo.student.utwente.nl/stefan/hwb/menu_Connector.html

The Atari floppy drive connector is exactly the same as a PC 3.5" floppy
drive connector, only "upside down".

2 jumpers on the Epson should defie the drive ID number, either 0 or 1 (or 2
or 3). I'ts set to 1 for use on the ST. I don't know if there are any more
jumpers.

Cheers,
Nick
--

===|||==== The Atari ST Quick FAQ ===================== hol.fr
  / | \   http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~nbales/quickfaq.htm

1. Epson smd-380 floppy drive

Epson smd-380 floppy drive

This is the drive inside my old Atari 520 ST.

Can anyone tell me what all the jumper settings on the back are. ( pin by
pin )

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. OPEN ELECTRONIC BOOK FORUM FORMED TO DEVELOP STANDARDS FOR E-BOOKS

3. FS: Epson 720 Floppy Drive Model SMD-300

4. What to do... HELP....

5. 3 Clicks to a Slow Explorer

6. More QUESTIONS FOR PALM HEADS!