Attaching SCSI drives

Post by John Mark Willia » Fri, 21 Feb 1992 10:52:52

I am contemplating adding an extra hard disk to my 1040STf, TOS 1.4, 2.5Mb
internal, SH205 (?) 20Mb Atari Hard Drive. Could I ask, what is involved
with adding a SCSI drive? What adapter(s) and software will I need, and will
it be compatible with my existing Atari drive.

Thanks in advance,
--
John M Williams, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tasmania

Attaching SCSI drives

Post by Roger.Shepp.. » Sat, 22 Feb 1992 14:33:57

> I am contemplating adding an extra hard disk to my 1040STf, TOS 1.4, 2.5Mb
> internal, SH205 (?) 20Mb Atari Hard Drive. Could I ask, what is involved
> with adding a SCSI drive? What adapter(s) and software will I need, and will
> it be compatible with my existing Atari drive.

> Thanks in advance,
> --
> John M Williams, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tasmania

The way I would sugest you go would be ICD as they have good support
and there software is kept up to date, they also post updates to GEnie.

You should have no problems with your SH205 as long as you can change
the DMA address to other than zero so that the ICD device boots up first,
and use the ICD software to run the hard drives..
--

***  85 Donovan Rd        *    *   GEnie.  R.SHEPPARD5               ***
***  Kapiti                        At least I don't Flicker,         ***

1. Can two floppy drives be attached to the internal Mega floppy connector?

Can two floppy drives be attached to the internal floppy connector in
a Mega-ST?  The internal cable is a standard 34 pin IBM type of cable
and the drive uses a standard IBM type power connection.

I am putting this Mega into an IBM type of case and would rather bring
both the A and B drives off of the internal connector instead of
running a cable from the B drive in the back of the motherboard to the
front of the case.

I will have to make a floppy cable extension since the cable that
comes with the Mega is soldered onto the motheroboard and is way to
short to go to the front of the case.

I have the system up and running now, except for the floppy drives
being hooked up

Dave Glish

2. Managed C++ crashes DevStudio when debugging

3. TECH: How to tell if drive B is REALLY attached?

4. How can i view and change IP address on remote computer using WMI?

5. Attaching CHINON drive to the ST (to be continued...)

6. Another A1200 & IDE CD-ROM experience!

7. Attaching a CHINON drive to the ST (the saga continues...)

8. Attaching a CHINON drive to the ST

9. How to tell if Drive B is attached **SUMMARY**

10. Wanted: How to tell if drive B is REALLY attached?

11. SCSI drives, SCSI-ESDI convertors

12. My ICD SCSI adapter won't see my new IBM 2Gig SCSI II wide drive...