Script files in SPSLIDE5.PRG

Post by The Snak » Mon, 25 Jun 1990 00:48:23

In SPSLIDE5.PRG, the Spectrum slideshow, there is an option to use a
"script file" as well as to "show all pictures".  It expects the
filename to be of the form *.RUN.  Does anybody know what the format
of these script files is?  I have already tried the obvious:  a text
file with a list of pathnames to *.SPC pictures.  Thanks in advance!

Ken Clubok

1. New versions of click.prg, beep.prg, and play.prg available

The latest releases of these programs are available at terminator (35.1.33.8)

The drive light bug has been fixed in all three.  Additionally, all
three programs can be made to play sounds through a Hippo/Navarone
digitizer instead of the monitor speaker.  (Try putting your keyclick
through a stereo system:  POCK POCK POCK ...)

Beep and Click no longer use bits in CONTERM since this conflicts with
other programs.  Now they can be configured to use any location in
memory for the on/off flag.  They default to using location 768 decimal,
which is currently an unused interrupt vector slot.

In any case, you can move the flag to wherever you want by putting the
value in the .inf file (see the docs for more info).  I think this will
pretty much guarantee upward compatibility.

QD Play now has an option -q which prevents it from printing the little
blurb.

Relevant files:
--------------
Name: Beep, version 1.1
File: atari/music/samples/beep.arc

Name: Digital Keyclick, version 1.3
File: atari/music/samples/click.arc

Name: QD Play, version 1.25
File: atari/music/samples/play.arc

Digivec has been shelved temporarily while I figure out more reliable
ways to accomplish the same tricks, and add the ability to trigger
sounds with AES and VDI events (like windows opening, etc.)  (Thanks
to Mario Dalessio for the idea.)

Please report any problems so I can fix things promptly.  (Problems?
Nah, there won't be problems.... ha!)

Thanks all,

Dave Baggett

PS> These files should show up in comp.binaries.atari.st in a few weeks,
    since I'll be mailing them momentarily...

2. dbx.el

3. C the X-FILES movie script, I've got i

4. "Friends" - MSX/dos conversion

5. Script File Format

6. Roaming Mandatory Profiles

7. UNITERM script file help needed.

8. Command to make CLI window max. under v3.0

9. Antic & Analog Type-Ins?

10. MINT.PRG vs MINTNP.PRG

11. How to write config info into mail .PRG or .ACC file?

12. FIX24.PRG + ADDMEM.PRG (need info)

13. How to save a file.PRG from a PC