Zip parallel Drive on a 1040 ST ???

Post by Sucke » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
Atari 1040 ST . Please .

I have already read the zip faq , and try to install the Hddriver76demo
but this one don't let me configure the zip drive .

So i'm asking if someone can tell me how can i connect the zip drive
to the computer  . Please .

Zip parallel Drive on a 1040 ST ???

Post by kevin dermo » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
>Atari 1040 ST . Please .

the only way to connect a parallel zip to an atari is with a piece of
string:-(( it won't work though,get a scsi one
Kevin
                           no Micros**t products used here
           Lancashire England:  mug shot and simple atari midi/ karaoke player at
                http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/kevin/      now with audio!!!!!

Post by Roger Ca » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
>Atari 1040 ST . Please .

>I have already read the zip faq , and try to install the Hddriver76demo
>but this one don't let me configure the zip drive .

>So i'm asking if someone can tell me how can i connect the zip drive
>to the computer  . Please .

Sorry but you can't.

HDDriver is only concerned with the SCSI bus - it has nothing to do
with the parallel port.

If you are really serious about this you need to swap the ZIP drive
for the SCSI interface model. (You will also need to establish a
proper SCSI i/f - have you got this?)

Roger Cain, Manchester, UK         NeST:90:100/103
TT  6Mb/MagiC 5/NVDI 4

Post by Jo Even Skarstei » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
> Atari 1040 ST . Please .

You'll need the ROMport->parallelport adapter from Woller in Germany.
This also includes a driver. The URL is (IIRC) 'www.woller.de'.

--

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/

Post by Robert Schaffn » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

S> Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
S> Atari 1040 ST . Please .
S>
S> I have already read the zip faq , and try to install the Hddriver76demo
S> but this one don't let me configure the zip drive .
S>
S> So i'm asking if someone can tell me how can i connect the zip drive
S> to the computer  . Please .

That doasn't work in the way you think.
You need the  om port interface from  woller/germany

The only way to connect your zip..

Regards, Robert

               -= Home of DOIT-Archives =-
 ?? Nemesis F030 CENTurbo2 F030 520ST Mac Lynx Jaguar ??

 http://www.rhein-main.de/people/robert/index.htm

Post by Steve Stuppl » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>>Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
>>Atari 1040 ST . Please .

>the only way to connect a parallel zip to an atari is with a piece of
>string:-(( it won't work though,get a scsi one
>Kevin

Hi

There is one other option to using the zip drive on the Atari;) and
that's connect it to the parallel port of your PC and use GhostLink;)

--
                              Cheers! for now
                                   Steve

      The Atari ST Software exchange: www.steverosie.demon.co.uk

Nick: Mocknbird  Tel: 07971 742708
ICQ: 18116827    IRC Channels: #atariscne #atari #30+ #wales

       Location: Narberth, Pembrokeshire, Wales, United Kingdom

Zip parallel Drive on a 1040 ST ???

Post by Nicholas Bale » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Sucker a crit :

Quote:

> Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
> Atari 1040 ST . Please .

> I have already read the zip faq , and try to install the Hddriver76demo
> but this one don't let me configure the zip drive .

The FAQ is pretty clear that you CANNOT CONNECT A ZIP DRIVE TO THE ATARI
PARALLEL PORT.

You can connect a SCSI zip drive to a SCSI host adapter or a PARALLEL
zip to a special cartridge port adapter sold by Woller Gmbh in Germany
only.

Nick
--
 ===|||==================================================

 -'  '  `- http://quickfaq.atari.org   directprovider.net

Post by Uwe Seime » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I have already read the zip faq , and try to install the Hddriver76demo
> but this one don't let me configure the zip drive .

HDDRIVER doesn't support drives connected to the parallel port and
definitely never will. Additional hardware is required for the Atari
anyway to connect drives to the parallel port. Woller Systems in Germany
sells an adapter for 129 DM or something like that.
Get the SCSI version, this is plug and play and much faster.

          Dr. Uwe Seimet     | I really hate this damned machine,

     WWW: http://acp5.chemie.uni-kl.de/seimet/index.html

Post by Stichting » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Someone can tell me how to connect a Zip Parallel drive to an
>Atari 1040 ST . Please .

Those drives need a printerport.
We have one on the 1040 ST but not of the good modern kind. So no-go.

Quote:

>I have already read the zip faq , and try to install the Hddriver76demo
>but this one don't let me configure the zip drive .

HDdriver caters for IDE (Falcon-way) disks and many other machines on
the SCSI-bus (or with Link-adaptor on the DMA-port)

Quote:

>So i'm asking if someone can tell me how can i connect the zip drive
>to the computer  . Please .

In germany they made a hardware interface for plugging in the ROM-
port and making a modern printerport-look-alike.
You also need special software they sell with it.

Quote:>>>>>>searchmode on
found it.

Woller Systeme
Grunewad str. 9
10823 Berlin-Schoeneberg
030/217 50 286
http://www.woller.com

They ask DM 139 for it all.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Ronald van der Kamp
secretaris Stichting ST

1. 1040 ST and Zip Drive?

A question for anyone who would be kind enough to try and answer.

I have an Atari 1040 ST and I want to hook up an IOMEGA Zip100 SCSI zip
drive to it. How do I go about doing this?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thanks in advance.

Gareth

2. How to set-up Email Responder

3. Using a Zip drive parallel or scsi with an Atari -ST

4. Username

5. Why isn′t possible to let work a Iomega Zip-drive Parallel on an Atari ST

6. user rights

7. Linking Zip drive to 1040 STFM?

8. Strange hard drive behavior

9. How can I link Iomega zip drive to 1040 STFM?

10. Parallel Zip-Drive

11. looking for parallel Iomega Zip drive driver

12. Falcon Parallel <--> Zip Drive!

13. Parallel ZIP drives