Connecting PC keyboard to Atari

Post by Carlton Thom » Tue, 16 Mar 1993 22:01:08

Is it possible to connect a standard PC keyboard to an ATARI to replace the existing
keyboard?  Which ATARI, what the configuration ? (I hear you ask.) Sorry I dont
know !!!   I am posting this for a friend. If nexessary I could get the details.
I'd like to know the following:-

 a) Is there is a device that can be bought which permits this,
 b) If there is how much and where from,
 c) Is there a schematic diagram which shows how to build a connecting device
 d) Is there a chipset which is readily available for a connecting device.

If there is a FAQ in which this has already been dealt with, then could someone
point me to its location.

I would prefer responses by email because I dont normally read this group.
Thanks in advance.

Carlton Thomas
--------------

Post by Staalman » Thu, 18 Mar 1993 01:10:25

>Is it possible to connect a standard PC keyboard to an ATARI to replace the existing
>keyboard?  Which ATARI, what the configuration ? (I hear you ask.) Sorry I dont
>know !!!   I am posting this for a friend. If nexessary I could get the details.
>I'd like to know the following:-
> a) Is there is a device that can be bought which permits this,
> b) If there is how much and where from,
> c) Is there a schematic diagram which shows how to build a connecting device
> d) Is there a chipset which is readily available for a connecting device.

>If there is a FAQ in which this has already been dealt with, then could someone
>point me to its location.
>I would prefer responses by email because I dont normally read this group.

Well, I DO!

Quote:>Thanks in advance.

I want to connect a really nice PC keyboard ( -`click`- ) for a long time too , and
I am very interested in ANY HARDWARE SOLUTION which I can build myself. I do want
100% compatibility, because otherwise it is very likely that problems will arise when
using for example Minix.

Greetings,

Hans Staalman
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science                      Vrije Universiteit
Amsterdam                                                        The Netherlands
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science                      Vrije Universiteit
Amsterdam                                                        The Netherlands

1. How To Connect PC keyboard to Atari STFM ?

   Hi !

 Is it possible to connect an IBM PC keyboard to
 the Atari 1040 STfm ?
 I know that these keyboard have a different
 interfaces, but ...
   Any hints, tips and pointers will
   be appriciated ,
                    Thanx

2. Terminal Server has exceeded Connection

3. geotechnical or hydrogeological cell lib's.

4. Could I connect the keyboard of MSTE to STE or PC ??

5. maximum hard drives?

6. PC keyboard connected to STE!!

7. mp3 free

8. Could I connect the keyboard of MSTE to STE or PC ??

9. Connect a PC keyboard

10. WTB: PC Xformer cable to connect 1050 to PC

11. connecting my atari eight HD (thru MIO of course) to PC

12. FA: SIO2PC on ebay (connect Atari to your PC)