Problem with MINT .99?

Post by Terry Eva » Sun, 07 Feb 1993 17:07:33

  I recently got Mint .99 to compile on my Mega2ST w/ 4 Megs of Ram, but
for some reason when I start up a shell (ksh and others) it doesn't seem
to recoginze my environment variables.  If I set up my PATH in my
ksh startup scripts it doesn't recognize them for some reason.  I can
set them however after ksh is started up.  The variables worked and still
work as normal with the .96 binary.

  Has anybody else expreienced this problem?  If so, any suggestions?
Maybe some kind soul could upload the .99 binary for a non-multios
OS system to a.a.u.e so alot of us wouldn't spend hours waiting for it
to compile.

Thanks,

Problem with MINT .99?

Post by Eric R. Smi » Mon, 08 Feb 1993 11:52:34

>  I recently got Mint .99 to compile on my Mega2ST w/ 4 Megs of Ram, but
>for some reason when I start up a shell (ksh and others) it doesn't seem
>to recoginze my environment variables.  If I set up my PATH in my
>ksh startup scripts it doesn't recognize them for some reason.  I can
>set them however after ksh is started up.  The variables worked and still
>work as normal with the .96 binary.

How is ksh looking for its startup file? Have you remembered to set
the "HOME" environment variable in your mint.cnf file? If so, and
if it's still not working, make sure that you remove the -DMULTITOS
line in the makefile and recompile it.

Quote:

>Maybe some kind soul could upload the .99 binary for a non-multios
>OS system to a.a.u.e so alot of us wouldn't spend hours waiting for it
>to compile.

Please read the file "copying" that was included with the source code.
Distribution of binaries is not permitted (for a variety of reasons
that I've mentioned before). Please respect this condition; otherwise,
it is unlikely that free versions of MiNT will continue to be
made available.

Regards,
Eric

Problem with MINT .99?

Post by Terry Eva » Fri, 12 Feb 1993 03:29:46

: >  I recently got Mint .99 to compile on my Mega2ST w/ 4 Megs of Ram, but
: >for some reason when I start up a shell (ksh and others) it doesn't seem
: >to recoginze my environment variables.  If I set up my PATH in my
: >ksh startup scripts it doesn't recognize them for some reason.  I can
: >set them however after ksh is started up.  The variables worked and still
: >work as normal with the .96 binary.

: How is ksh looking for its startup file? Have you remembered to set
: the "HOME" environment variable in your mint.cnf file? If so, and
: if it's still not working, make sure that you remove the -DMULTITOS
: line in the makefile and recompile it.

HOME is set and I did not compile with the -DMULTITOS.
As I stated, it works just great with the .95 binary (I accidentally said
96 before.)  I further stated the problem in a follow up to the article
Problems with Mint.  In that thread the author is experiencing the same
problems that I am.

Thanks,

1. Mint .99 & 1.04

1)
I have tried to compile 1.04 and 0.99 with both GCC and PURE_c. All versions work, but
they use almost 500 kbyte more memory than my 'old' mint 0.96 !! Does anybody know how this
is possible and what I can do about it ? (I use a MEGA STE 4)

2)
When using MINT 1.04, a press on <ESC> to force a reread of the current disk is enough to
make the whole system hang with an ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION. However, this doesn't happen under
MINT 0.99 (and 0.96). Anybody experienced the same problem and knows how to fix it ?

3)
I'm using the last available version of TOSWIN. However, the memu to determine if you want
"PASTE" to add LF's and/or CR doesn't work well. As soon as you pick one of the buttons you'll
find the menu garbaged when you try to enter it again.
Also, when you are using .mnu files and pulldownmenu's in TOSwindows, the system hangs when your
moving several times with the mouse pointer over the menu items.
Anybody knows a workaround ?

--
Kees Lemmens,                    | Phone  : +31-15-787229
Dep. Applied Analysis,           | Fax    : +31-15-787209

2. Psion 3 SSD RAM cards

3. Instructions for compiling MiNT 99

4. C/C++ PC Programmer Needed in Brisbane/Australia

5. Problems compiling MiNT0.99

6. HP Laser Jet 5L - Power button

7. FA: Boxed Atari 5200 games, Huge lot of TI-99/4a carts, TI-99/4a huge accessory lot!

8. OOPSLA 98 Scalability Demo

9. Atari 8 Bit Fair Schreiersgr√ľn 99

10. ti 99/4a joystks for atari jystks

11. FS 99/4A