Best PD/Shareware games

Post by Paul E.S. Brow » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for reccomendations for games to get from the internet.
I'm not a regular Atari ST user, but my mum uses the machine
for DTP and WP and would like to play some simple puzzle/card games.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul.

Best PD/Shareware games

Post by Steve Wel » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

] I'm looking for reccomendations for games to get from the internet.
] I'm not a regular Atari ST user, but my mum uses the machine
] for DTP and WP and would like to play some simple puzzle/card games.
] Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a hunt around in atari/Games/ on atari.archive.umich.edu (available
via Gopher at gopher://merit.archive.edu.

A good arcade game is "Hector Vs the Vampire Tomatoes from hell", good
simple fun.  As far as puzzles, try:  Tuzzle, Oxyd, Shift (mono),
molecule.

I am in no way affiliated with the Government or City Council     Honda GB400
Segovia Stratocaster  Generation-X Comics FAQ Maintainer  Murphys word is law

Best PD/Shareware games

Post by Thomas Tempelma » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

> I'm looking for reccomendations for games to get from the internet.
> I'm not a regular Atari ST user, but my mum uses the machine
> for DTP and WP and would like to play some simple puzzle/card games.

OXYD is one of the best shareware puzzle games. You can even play it with
two persons via modem or midi.

If you have a WWW browser, check out "http://dongleware.web.de".
It should be available on Compuserve, too.

Thomas

1. Can't find these shareware/PD games

I recently started going through my old ST PD/shareware game disks, only to
find that some of them have gone bad.   Some of the titles I lost seem to
be extremely rare, I can't find them anywhere on the net.  The Crawly Crypt
CDs list a couple of them, but the links are broken.

Anyway the games I'm looking for are:

Insecta (not insect or insects)
Lunar Lander (it might have been called just "Lander", but it was based on
         the arcade game)
Megapede
Punkman
Smasher
Tempest (I'm not sure if it was called tempest or just based on Tempest)

If anyone can point me to them or send them to me, I'd appreciate it.

Thank You

2. open in a new window using response redirect/response.write

3. Best shareware/freeware games?

4. Musie - The Next Generation

5. western union / at&t merger ?

6. PD/Shareware distributors

7. 1000 tl/2

8. Shareware, Freeware and PD

9. ST shareware/PD/Freeware list compilation

10. PD/Shareware in Norway!

11. Sources for PD/Shareware ST software in USA

12. Any good pd or shareware Fax ST programs, and where??