Personal Finances on Atari ST512

Post by JOHNBAR.. » Thu, 03 May 1990 00:58:00

To expand on Troy Carpenter's reply to an earlier query:

The current version of Phasar is 4.0.  I have seen it in the Joppa price
list for $US54.00.  I did an extensive review and tutorial on the product
in the March 1990 Current Notes.  I feel that it sets the standard for this
type of program and it is relatively economical.  The support to date has been
very good, although some may quarrel with the price of the upgrade from ver
3 to ver 4.  While the new release is not an entirely new product there are
extensive improvements to the user interface.

This program also does a splendid job of handling taxes, budgeting, and
other matters of personal finance.

I suspect that an ST 512 user would find it somewhat cramped.  I would encourage
and 512 user, particularly one who is using a hard drive, to stuff in as much me
memory as he can.  He will want it for things like NeoDesk, Hotwire, UIS III,
and the like, which are all essential to making operation on an ST smooth.

John Barnes

The opinions expressed above are personal opinions that have nothing to do with
respondent's role as an employee of NIST.

1. File format of Personal Finance Manger Plus

I've been using Personal Finance Manager Plus 1.04 by Peter Veal for years
now, and am very happy with it. One thing that's lacking though is the
ability to import/export data in a common format ie. comma delimited etc.

Has anyone already written a import/export program that works with PFM+?
If not, I might write one myself, and wondered if anyone knows the actual
format of the .MNY file (it would save me having to dig around and guess).
Anyone?

Gary

 Atari Falcon030 + FPU + Nemesis           http://www.the-gap.demon.co.uk/

2. Sending KeyStrokes to another process

3. Personal Accounting/Finance programs

4. Does anyone have info on JDBC?

5. Personal Finance Manager

6. Flushing a file to disk

7. PERSONAL PASCAL, PERSONAL PROLOG

8. WTB VLAB Motion/Toccata

9. HELP! I Have A Dead Atari ST512 Keyboard!

10. Atari's finances and future of computer operations

11. Home Finance for Atari

12. Finance programs question

13. Finance/Stock APPs