C sources for Original Colossal Cave ADVENTURE?

C sources for Original Colossal Cave ADVENTURE?

Post by Bradley T Ban » Fri, 22 Jun 1990 03:48:27

About a year ago (1989) I got my hands on a version of Adventure which
ran on the ST... I have since sold my ST, and I can't remember if I had
sources with it, or just a binary, but the fact that a binary Adventure
exists for the Atari ST suggests that the C sources are available.

I recently got the Fortran sources off of comp.sources.games.sources, but
we don't have Fortran compilers on our Mac II's or Next machines.

I would appreciate pointers to these sources.

Thanks.

--
Bradley T. Banko
Dept of Physics, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

C sources for Original Colossal Cave ADVENTURE?

Post by Bill Powe » Fri, 22 Jun 1990 04:36:12

Quote:> About a year ago (1989) I got my hands on a version of Adventure which
> ran on the ST... I have since sold my ST, and I can't remember if I had
> sources with it, or just a binary, but the fact that a binary Adventure
> exists for the Atari ST suggests that the C sources are available.

> I recently got the Fortran sources off of comp.sources.games.sources, but
> we don't have Fortran compilers on our Mac II's or Next machines.

> I would appreciate pointers to these sources.

    There was a version written in C posted to comp.os.minix at the beginning
of June.  There were several people who subsequently posted a few
bug fixes to the same newsgroup.

Bill Powers
----
Digital Equipment Corp. - Advanced Service Delivery Systems - Stow MA
The opinions expressed above are my own, not my employers.

1. Crowther & Woods Collosal Cave Adventure

Is there a version of the *original* adventure game, by Crowther
and Woods, available for the 8-bit Atari??? Is there somewhere
on the 'net that I can download the program for this game for the
8-bit Atari???

2. Shutdown

3. Desperately Seeking Adventure International (Impossible Mission or Pirate adventure)

4. Linked to missing export SHLWAPI.DLL?

5. ATTENTION COLLECTORS: ** Original Atari 2600 + 24 Games + Original Owners Manual + More ** Up For Auction

6. GPFax LineLink144c Help

7. Blank Desktop (lost all icons)

8. Original Atari 2600 + 24 Games + Original Owners Manual + More Up For Auction

9. Caves for Boulder Dash Construction Kit

10. Cave Lords

11. Top of monitor caving in

12. Levels for classic games (Was: Caves for Boulder Dash Construction Kit)