//ZIP drive on Falcon030

Post by Nicolas Goffi » Thu, 03 May 2001 21:47:51

As the Falcon030 seems to have an "enhanced" parallel port.. are there
specifically written drivers for the Parallel Zip drive 100?

Thanks

//ZIP drive on Falcon030

Post by Lyndon Amsd » Fri, 04 May 2001 00:23:08

Quote:>As the Falcon030 seems to have an "enhanced" parallel port.. are there
>specifically written drivers for the Parallel Zip drive 100?

AFAIK it doesn't have any drivers available, certainly not AHDI and
HDDriver.  On the Falcons parallel port I can run my Epson GT9000 on it
with out any extra hardware, just GT Look.  It stays on the SCSI though as
I want to use my printer as well.

//ZIP drive on Falcon030

Post by Uwe Seime » Fri, 04 May 2001 00:37:53

> As the Falcon030 seems to have an "enhanced" parallel port.. are there
> specifically written drivers for the Parallel Zip drive 100?

I think Woller Systems provide a driver with their Romport card, which
enables you to connect your parallel ZIP to the Falcon. As far as I know
even the Falcon's parallel port misses some signals, so that you cannot
connect a parallel ZIP to it.

                                          http://www.seimet.de

//ZIP drive on Falcon030

Post by Robert Schaffn » Fri, 04 May 2001 01:39:55

> As the Falcon030 seems to have an "enhanced" parallel port.. are there
> specifically written drivers for the Parallel Zip drive 100?

No.

Ask http://www.woller.com for the ZIP rom port interface.

Regards, Robert

--
                -= Home of DOIT-Archives =-
    Atari Falcon CT2 520ST Lynx Jaguar  PowerMacintosh

1. Zip Drive On Falcon030

I have a Falcon030 with a 100 meg iomega SCSI zip drive. I used HDriver 7.+
to format and partition. The problem I am having is when I run Magic 5.11
the Falcon030 sees the zip drive, when I just run TOS 4.04 the falcon can no
longer see the zip drive. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or missing
a step in the process?

Thanks in advance for all help.

Claude B.

2. Peeling case on Psion 5

3. Falcon030 disc drive icons vanish, cannot access disc drive

4. strange font substitutiions in Windows NT

5. Falcon030 and PC Zip/Jaz/EZ135 access?

6. Gratuitous Bad Speccy Joke #2

7. Need a Hard drive/zip drive/drivers for 1040ste

8. notes fails to start?

9. 68000.zip and democode.zip

10. Circles.zip Atari Animation Converted to AVI - circles.zip (1/1)

11. Zipping Multiple Folders to zips

12. Q: iomega SCSI ZIP: How to read ZIP discs with DOS format/partition

13. Falcon030 hard drive problem