Americans-Our friends or what!

Post by EAGL » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

James, Shut your *en hole. This is the only thing in the world worth
debating. As for world peace, its there. None of these * countries
are able to turn there hatred of the US into military action.
The Eagle has Landed.

Americans-Our friends or what!

Post by James Aubr » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

What is all this American vs the rest of the world stuff? America, on
the whole is a great country, not that I have ever been there. Some
Americans like people of all nationality can have serious attitude
problems. The world is full of wars without pointless, petty,
transalantic bickering. Why not discuss things sensibly, without
resorting to the war, sport, we're better/beat your country etc???

Reguards,

James (A sensible Brit who wants world peace)

:))
__

Post by dave » Fri, 09 Aug 1996 04:00:00

] James, Shut your *en hole. This is the only thing in the world worth
] debating. As for world peace, its there. None of these * countries
] are able to turn there hatred of the US into military action.
] The Eagle has Landed.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah yeah, interesting self-image

Go away please. Take your complexes somewhere else.

--
dave

Americans-Our friends or what!

Post by Andrew » Fri, 09 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> America, on the whole is a great country, not that I have ever been there.

So how would you know?

Tomorrow yer gonna tell us how shit-hot Nepalese Temple Balls are (not
that you ever smoked one) I suppose......

Andrew/

                 'You're a Jerk, Dent'
                         Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged

Americans-Our friends or what!

Post by Rich Tietje » Fri, 09 Aug 1996 23:43:00

Quote:

>What is all this American vs the rest of the world stuff?

It's called "trolls" and all it does is give people with no lives
their jollies when you flame them for posting it.

Quote:>James (A sensible Brit who wants world peace)

World peace will come about when all the religious and political
"leaders" are dead and the rest of us are then able to go about
our business without being bothered by Big Brother.

Followups redirected.  This damn sure has nothing to do with
either Atari or Amiga computers.

*!* Opinions expressed herein are those of the writer only *!*
Unsolicited Email of a commercial nature delivered to this address is
subject to a $500 charge. Emailing such items, whether manually or
automatically, constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.

Post by Robert Goodw » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: What is all this American vs the rest of the world stuff? America, on
: the whole is a great country, not that I have ever been there. Some
: Americans like people of all nationality can have serious attitude
: problems. The world is full of wars without pointless, petty,
: transalantic bickering. Why not discuss things sensibly, without
: resorting to the war, sport, we're better/beat your country etc???

Beats me why they do it all the time. I've found friends from all over the
place, and not only became friends, but learned about their culture. Not
only that... I've met some deaf from those countries, and they've taught
me the sign language of their country. Thus, I know most of the manual
alphabet from Britain, Australia, and somewhere else.

It's just the idiots who don't understand the culture and are too
culture-shocked to adjust to that country, and refuse to learn.

Followups set.

--
Homepage: http://members.iglou.com/rsg0910

Sez who that a deaf person can't have fun on the net? No ears required!

The CDA was dishonorable. It was an honorable warrior who struck it down.
            - Worf

Post by Rich Tietje » Tue, 13 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>] The Eagle has Landed.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Yeah yeah, interesting self-image

>Go away please. Take your complexes somewhere else.

Amen and amen.  Followups redirected.

*!* Opinions expressed herein are those of the writer only *!*
Unsolicited Email of a commercial nature delivered to this address is
subject to a $500 charge. Emailing such items, whether manually or
automatically, constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.

Americans-Our friends or what!

Post by Tyler Davidso » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Thanks for the courageous response Jim.

To many, the US is an easy target.  The hegemon is never the world's
friend.  I have the good fortune of travelling and working abroad and have
met some of the people that give our country a bad name.  Additionally,
I've studied both international relations and business at the University
-- giving me a better understanding of the world and its exploits.  The
bottom line is, that in a world where borders and political ideologies and
institutional barriers are constantly shifting or dissolving, it is
important for us as citizens of the world to act responsibly and
rationally.  Thinking globally and acting locally makes the world a better
place, and I hope that others can learn from yourposting, as it reinforced
some of the convictions that I hold so near and dear to my heart.

Here's to world peace.
Tyler Davidson

> What is all this American vs the rest of the world stuff? America, on
> the whole is a great country, not that I have ever been there. Some
> Americans like people of all nationality can have serious attitude
> problems. The world is full of wars without pointless, petty,
> transalantic bickering. Why not discuss things sensibly, without
> resorting to the war, sport, we're better/beat your country etc???

> Reguards,

> James (A sensible Brit who wants world peace)

> :))
> __

>   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

>   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler Chase Davidson                    School of Business Administration
4503 - 17th Avenue North                University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98105               Major: International Business
(206) 524-3397

Americans-Our friends or what!

Post by Tyler Davidso » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I believe it's "*in'" like the descriptor it originated from: slang for
the word "*ing", but I cannot fault a fellow countryman for his err of
ignorance and lack of diplomacy.  I share but one thing in common with
you, and that is a pride in my country.  Yet we differ, because I realize
how good our country can be, while you glorify a position our country
holds without any respect for the people we live with in the global community.

Thanks and have a great day!
Tyler Davidson

Quote:> James, Shut your *en hole. This is the only thing in the world worth

Post by Greg L. Kimna » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: Americans-Our friends or what!
>Date: 7 Aug 1996 22:36:53 GMT
>James, Shut your *en hole. This is the only thing in the world worth
>debating. As for world peace, its there. None of these * countries
>are able to turn there hatred of the US into military action.
>The Eagle has Landed.

sad to say, but "eagle" has reaffirmed that our educational system has truly
failed us.

no doubt he can play video games, surf, skateboard, etc.; however, he lacks
the qualities that are truly important......

regards,
greg
"ED Beta is simply the best consumer videotape format available."
       --Video Magazine (Nov.1992, p. 30)
I opted for Betamax, the world for VHS. I for Amiga, the world for IBM clones.
"Do or do not.  There is no try!"  --Yoda.

Post by Phil Hou » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>>Subject: Re: Americans-Our friends or what!
>>Date: 7 Aug 1996 22:36:53 GMT

>>James, Shut your *en hole. This is the only thing in the world worth
>>debating. As for world peace, its there. None of these * countries
>>are able to turn there hatred of the US into military action.
>>The Eagle has Landed.

It really stuns me that people _still_ post *like this, and
strangely to this group.

I really hope that Eagle is fishing for flames with his posts so far.
If not then I have in front of me a prime example of why/how wars can
be started.

What really surprises me is that on such a global communications forum
as this, that people can be so ignorant/nieve/rascist.

Average Joe Bloggs in the street, I can accept as being rascist, but
some one who uses the 'net so often ??? someone who no doubt comes in
contact with foriegners every day ???

In the future Eagle, if all you have to say is like this go away and
start a group in IRC such as #US rulez, and argue your case with all
those that turn up :)

This newsgroup is certainly not a place I expect to read xenophobic
trash from some biggot.

ATb.
__

Phil H
--------

PGP 2.6.3i Key Availabe On Request.
* SKYDUEL :-                                   V  V  RRRR    CCCC  *
* 92% and 2nd best PD game of 1995 (STF)       V V   R   R  C      *

* ftp: ftp.demon.co.uk \pub\atari\games\       V     R   R   CCCC  *

Americans-Our friends or what!

Post by Daniel W McAndr » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

In article

Quote:

>Thanks for the courageous response Jim.

>To many, the US is an easy target.

>Thinking globally and acting locally makes the world a better
>place......................

>Here's to world peace.
>Tyler Davidson

Good Answer.

                from an American with an Irish name.

Post by Ned Kel » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: sad to say, but "eagle" has reaffirmed that our educational system has truly
: failed us.

And you affirm that the private industry job market is permanently
*ed. Can't find a job, eh? So you work for the government like I do.
See how America sucks?

--
Ned Kelly Lives!!!!!!    http://www.veryComputer.com/~nedkelly/Seppo_Navy.html
"That isn't a knife.... This is a KNIFE!" - Paul Hogan

The Navy: It's Not Just A Job..... It's $cientology Lite!

Post by Rich Tietje » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

writes:

>>>James, Shut your *en hole.

<balance of drivel deleted>

Quote:

>In the future Eagle, if all you have to say is like this go away and
>start a group in IRC such as #US rulez, and argue your case with all
>those that turn up :)

There are already numerous groups specially made for bigoted idiots -
alt.nuke-the-USA, alt.nuke-Europe, etc.  What baffles me is why anyone
would WANT to read such a newsgroup.

Quote:>This newsgroup is certainly not a place I expect to read xenophobic
>trash from some biggot.

Yes, we expect that sort of thing in *.advocacy, don;t we? <G>

Post by Greg L. Kimna » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: Americans-Our friends or what!
>Date: 20 Aug 1996 19:48:54 GMT

>: sad to say, but "eagle" has reaffirmed that our educational system has truly
>: failed us.
>And you affirm that the private industry job market is permanently
>*ed. Can't find a job, eh? So you work for the government like I do.
>See how America sucks?

sorry.  i had many opportunities in private industry, but selected nasa.
what's your excuse?

regards,
greg
"ED Beta is simply the best consumer videotape format available."
       --Video Magazine (Nov.1992, p. 30)
I opted for Betamax, the world for VHS. I for Amiga, the world for IBM clones.
"Do or do not.  There is no try!"  --Yoda.

1. Will American Atari XE/XL games work on European systems?

Hi,

I have an Atari 800 XE and I'm thinking about ordering some game carts from
the US. Will these work on my system? I live in Holland, we use the PAL tv
system here. Is this the same in the US, and are there other differences?

Help will be greatly appreciated...

Regards,
Marc

2. Exchange Server Versus Lotus Notes

3. Ace of American BBS #

4. WTB: Rom Switch,3.1or2.1 Roms,manuals

5. American Technavision!? Is 510-352-3787 still working!?

6. WTB TBC IV

7. American TechnaVision email address?

8. ELITE

9. Activision's Great American Road Race

10. North American N.AES dealers?

11. north american atari dealer list needed

12. Atari Computing magaine - North American subscriptions

13. **** WARNING TO AMERICANS ABOUT POPULOUS II ****