I am having a bad SCSI day...Please help :)

I am having a bad SCSI day...Please help :)

Post by guita.. » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello friends:

I have a quantum 540 scsi I have used for 3 years and a Falcon 030
14. This combination as I said has been workin no problem. The scsi
Quantum is inside a metal box with its power supply.

Ok so the problem is that  the other day i disconnected my CD ROM
from the chain and I can not  boot my scsi Hard disk quantum .  I
tired with the CD ROM alone with termination on and off and nothing.
I tried also changing the Quantums scsi number and nothing.

Now, I jknow the drives are fine because I tested them again on
another computer. I tested the continuity of the scsi cable and looks
fine.

When I boot AHI it reports "UNIT 0 not Responding"
If I use HDDRIVER it says " S/H Atari Megafile"  for SCSI:0
So I am wondering if my SCSI Interface went bad!

When the driver loads it makes the Cd ROM or SCSI Quantum spin and
LED Lights but I get no ID from the drive.
Sometimes the driver stops until I turn the drive OFF and then other
AUTO PRG will load.

My Falcon's SCSI is set to 7
The CD ROM 1
The Quantum set to 0

Any ideas? Is there a system prg to check the complete system and
scsi interface?

Thanks a lot.

Raymond

I am having a bad SCSI day...Please help :)

Post by Michael Gro » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

Just a thought since your using AHDI. Have you ever set the boot ID's with
Uwe's AHDI applicaton? If AHDI is expecting to see ID 0, and the
device is not connected, it will not get past that ID.

Mike

Quote:>Hello friends:

Post by Robert Schaffn » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

> Ok so the problem is that  the other day i disconnected my CD ROM
> from the chain and I can not  boot my scsi Hard disk quantum .  I
> tired with the CD ROM alone with termination on and off and nothing.
> I tried also changing the Quantums scsi number and nothing.

One device must have TermPwr Jumper ON.
No TermPower, no termination..
SCSI Bus have an open end, doasnt work well.

Quote:> When I boot AHI it reports "UNIT 0 not Responding"
> If I use HDDRIVER it says " S/H Atari Megafile"  for SCSI:0
> So I am wondering if my SCSI Interface went bad!

Trouble on bus, think TermPwr is missing.
Reconnect all, try to test again.

Quote:> My Falcon's SCSI is set to 7
> The CD ROM 1
> The Quantum set to 0

Yep, thats ok.

Quote:> Any ideas? Is there a system prg to check the complete system and
> scsi interface?

No.

Regards, Robert

--
          -=Home of DOIT-Archives=-
   CENTurbo2 F030 520ST YG3Mac Lynx Jaguar

http://www.atari-computer.de/doitarchive/index.htm

1. Bad SCSI day ..Please help!

Hello friends:

I have this problem with my Falcon SCSI connection.
I have a Quantum 540 SCSI drive and this drive is good and I have been using it
for a while now without problems.  The drive was working fine until I tried
to connect a new CDR.  I have been using my Falcon with the SCSI Quantum and
a CD ROM NEC.  Well after I experimented with my new setup for a while my SCSI
 drives would not boot at all. Now none of the drives boot.  I tried many things and
nothing. I connected only my CD ROM and does not boot, I connected my Quantum
, nothing.  Is it possible that I may have damaged my SCSI Interface when I
disconnected the cable? Is there a prg to test the Falcon system for SCSI interface
problem?  It is not a termination problem because my Quantum is inside a metal
case and I did not change its termination which is on as it is the last drive , I connected thisone only
as a test.  When I scan for IDS it reports "Unit 0 not responding" or
CH/Atari Megafile"

Any ideas? Thanks for you help

Raymond

2. PC tries to access floppy repeatedly when booting

3. A/V --> VGA, please, please, help me :)

4. Bridgeboard+Picasso =

5. :) 64MB of TT-RAM in my TT :) :) :) (no joke!)

6. Sharing/Security

7. Problem I am having with a SH204 hard disk

8. Sun Sparc ipx and multi-channel A/D

9. I'am collecting international insults! Please help!

10. STinG over null-modem connection, please help :)

11. Dungeon Master Help...please :)

12. Only 11 questions, please help :)

13. Bad Falcon problem solved (was:HELP Bad falcon problem)