Zip 100 para ext with ST?

Post by M » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Is there a driver anywhere please?

Mark

Zip 100 para ext with ST?

Post by Dan Ackerm » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Is there a driver anywhere please?

>Mark

        Yes there is at the website for the distributor of Naes.  I can't
remember the URL atm, should be easy to find though with the number of
Atari Shops these days. :<

        I've never tried it so I have no idea about how it works, just
have seen it.

        Dan Ackerman
        aka baldrick

Zip 100 para ext with ST?

Post by kevin dermot » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a driver anywhere please?

> Mark

see my other post

--
All the best Kevin
with emulators for free everyone can own a superfast Atari

mug shot and more at      www.kevindermott.co.uk

Zip 100 para ext with ST?

Post by Nicholas Bale » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a driver anywhere please?

It is not possible to use a Zip drive on the parallel port. It isn't a
matter of drivers, but a matter of missing lines in Atari's implementation
of what is mainly a printer port.

To use a Zip drive on an Atari, you need either a SCSI version, connected to
a SCSI host adapter, or a Parallel model connected to a special (and
expensive) parallel/cartridge port adapter available in Germany.

This is all in the Quick FAQ of course...

--
 ===|||==============================================

 -'  '  `- http://bales.online.fr/atari     online.fr

Zip 100 para ext with ST?

Post by Nicholas Bale » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> >Is there a driver anywhere please?

> >Mark

> Yes there is at the website for the distributor of Naes.  I can't
> remember the URL atm, should be easy to find though with the number of
> Atari Shops these days. :<

> I've never tried it so I have no idea about how it works, just
> have seen it.

It only works with the cartridge interface also available on their web site,
which costs the price of a SCSI Zip drive.

--
    |||              Nicholas Bales, Toulouse, France
 ===|||==============================================

 -'  '  `- http://bales.online.fr/atari     online.fr

1. ZIP 100 Parallel on Atari

Hi,

Is there some shareware or commercial driver to allow a ZIP 100 to work on
an Atari ST?

This may be the least expensive solution for me to get a working mass
storage solution for my ST.

I have never been able to win an Auction on eBay for a HDD or ICD
Controller. People just bid them up a little too high.

Thanks!

Regards,
Al Hartman
http://www.geocities.com/alhartman

Join the Macintosh Emulation List...
http://www.topica.com/lists/Macemulist

"Why are we now travelling into space?  Why, indeed, did we trouble to look
past the next mountain?  Our prime obligation to ourselves is to make the
unknown known.  We are on a journey to keep an appointment with whatever we
are."
 -- Gene Roddenberry

2. Replication

3. Re IOMEGA ZIP SCSI DRIVE 100 MB

4. Continuous MIDI ???

5. ** 100+ Atari ST/8bit HW/SW sale **

6. Crystal Reports from Lotus Notes

7. ** 100+ Atari 8bit/ST/IBM items (XE/PS/Mega/STE/monitors) **

8. CL Program Parameters Help

9. WTD:HDdriver for zip/syquest scsi ext.

10. ST game cheat program for over 100 games - FREEWARE/EMAILWARE

11. Atari ST VT-100 Terminal Emulator Cartridge - problems.

12. vt-100 for ST?

13. PD DX-100 editor for ST?