Magic Mac on Power Mac AV question

Post by guita.. » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:02:11

        Hi friends:

        Is there a trick to run MagicMac on a PowerMac?

        I was able to run it on sys 7.6 but now does not run on sys 8.6
and it says something in German about page size 4096.

        Any one using this program please let me know of any possible
solution.

        Thanks! Raymond

Post by Robert Schaffn » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:02:21

>           Is there a trick to run MagicMac on a PowerMac?

Normaly not :)

Quote:>           I was able to run it on sys 7.6 but now does not run on sys 8.6
> and it says something in German about page size 4096.

Latest release of MagiCMac runs fine on MacOS 8.5, 8.6, 9.0.4 but not in
the moment on OS 9.1. I remember my of an update for OS 8.x some time..
(But im not sure)

Try the latestes demo.

Regards, Robert

--
          -= Home of DOIT-Archives =-
    CENTurbo2 F030 520ST YG3Mac Lynx Jaguar

1. Magic Mac problems with 8100/100 AV

First off, does anyone have an email address for the company that is
responsible for MagicMac?

Second, I'll describe the problem I had for those that are interested.
Downloaded the Pmac demo version of MagicMac, ran it.  The first time I
tried, it worked fine.  It was beautiful.  When I tried to exit from the
demo, my computer froze.  Ok, my computer does this from time to time
(as computers do), so I thought I'd just reboot.  Well, I tried to reboot,
then the computer would not recognize the internal hard drive.  This does
not happen from time to time.  No problem (I thought), Norton will fix it.
Whipped out Norton, which fixed some of the problems, then aborted saying
that it could not fix all the problems.  Basically, I had to reinitialize
my hard disk to get it to work again.  I was not happy.

Being the optimist I sometimes am, I decided that it could have just been
some kind of system fluke, and tried to run it again ('bout a month later).
This time, I did not even get into the demo...it just crashed before opening.
Same result (though this time I did have more stuff backed up <- net result,
I didn't have to start Dark Forces all over again :)

Just posting this so that anyone with a Pmac, or more specifically an
8100/100 AV, will be cautious when trying this demo out.

BTW, I trashed the demo file after the last crash...Then thought about it
rationally and decided I should at least submit a bug report :)

Russ
"Let yourself go with the disease, be with it, keep company with it - this
is the way to be rid of it." - Bruce Lee

2. HP Pavilion zt1185

3. magic mac 6 on mac quadra?

4. Attn: Matt NOspam@me.ever

5. mac sac - magic sac - mac bongo

6. Toshiba Modem

7. STik/CAB on Magic Mac Question

8. un fran?ais pose une question

9. WTB: magic and magic mac

10. STik/CAB on Magic Mac Question

11. FS: Pagestream 3.x for Mac (for those Atarians that moved to Mac)

12. Spectre GCR Mac emulator, w/ Mac Rom, interested?