How to get uniterm to change colors

Post by mrei » Sat, 23 Jun 1990 21:59:42

O.K., I know that I did this once long, long ago ...  it seems to me that
even when I did do it, it was by accident and I've never been able to do
it again.  But once, I changed the colors that uniterm defaults to.  Now
I have upgraded uniterm and I get the colors it wants to give me (black and
white).  Does anyone know how to change the program to let me pick the colors
I want.  Seems to me it should be a fairly simple thing to do.  If all else
fails, I'll even take a patch --- I hate black and white.

Seems to me with all the other options this program has, this one is probably
in there also, I just can't find it.

mike
--
Michael A. Reiss                                |

Post by P E Sm » Tue, 26 Jun 1990 18:08:35

>O.K., I know that I did this once long, long ago ...  it seems to me that
>even when I did do it, it was by accident and I've never been able to do
>it again.  But once, I changed the colors that uniterm defaults to.  Now

With ancient versions of Uniterm, Uniterm would set itself, on startup,
to whatever colour palette had been in use when you last saved the
setup file.  Don't know if this is still true, but worth a try.

To check it, boot up with the control panel in place, and then run
Uniterm.  Hit 'help' to get to the help window, open the control panel
DA, and set up whatever colours you want.  Then close the control
panel, and do a Uniterm 'Save Setup'.  Might work...

--
Paul Smee, Computing Service, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1UD, UK

Post by mrei » Wed, 27 Jun 1990 21:10:47

>>O.K., I know that I did this once long, long ago ...  it seems to me that
>>even when I did do it, it was by accident and I've never been able to do
>>it again.  But once, I changed the colors that uniterm defaults to.  Now

>With ancient versions of Uniterm, Uniterm would set itself, on startup,
>to whatever colour palette had been in use when you last saved the
>setup file.  Don't know if this is still true, but worth a try.

>To check it, boot up with the control panel in place, and then run
>Uniterm.  Hit 'help' to get to the help window, open the control panel
>DA, and set up whatever colours you want.  Then close the control
>panel, and do a Uniterm 'Save Setup'.  Might work...

>--
>Paul Smee, Computing Service, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1UD, UK

THANKS Paul ...

I had been trying that because I thought that was how I did it before.
Nothing would work.  I needed a kick in the *to get me to use my head
and your message did it.

You see, I had been calling Uniterm from NeoDesk.

It apparently holds the screen colors in a different place than the
original desktop.

Anyway, the trick is to use the original desk accessory to set the colors
instead of the NeoDesk one.

Once I did this everything saved out just fine.  Now I can be perfectly
happy again ... weeeelllllllll.......    maybe not perfectly ...

mike
--
Michael A. Reiss                                |
                                                |       mike

1. Horizontal DLI colour changes

Hi,

Does anyone have some simple !?! examples
of changing colours on the fly.
Hardball did this rather well down the
middle of the screen but presmuably changes
can be done within a few colour clocks.

(http://www.runtime.demon.co.uk/Systems/Atari/Books/DeReAtari/Chapter5...)
De-Re-Atari mentions using a kernel as
an alterative, any example code of this
method as a comparison?

I'd thought of maybe having a fixed DLI
code portion in which the LDA values were
modifed during the VBI from colour tables.

BTW, the same lines will be using ANTIC and
possibly P/Ms too so timings could be tight,
however the planned graphics are static
which should help as the changes could vary
by a few colour clocks without issue.

Many thanks,

Mark

P.S. 'Elite' progress is still on hold :-(
as baby #2 arrived on Valentine's day
(and so we named her Juilette ;-)

2. sheet metal flatening problems

3. Color change

4. Tae IL Media CDD-6100

5. Changing text/background colors?

6. Mac Headers

7. Q: SLM 605 shows Change Drum; changed but no Effect..

8. The OASIS homepage has moved (again, sigh!)

9. what to do with changed vectors on changing resolution

10. Q: SLM 605 shows Change Drum; changed but no Effect..

11. Uniterm to Uniterm Xfers

12. UniTerm info .... & UniTerm V1.8a 014 bugs .......

13. UniTerm to UniTerm transfers