PPP disconnection

Post by Abel PHILIP » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I still have a little problem with PPP connection (PPPKIT in fact) :
from time to time, during Web browsing the modem hang on (is it the right word
?), as it had loss the carrier or something else. Let me say one more again that
the PPP kit is based on :

Mint 1.12.5
MintNet 1.0 pl 1
pppd 2.2.0
Cab 1.5
Cab_for_Mintnet 1.77

I use a Motorola v32bis v42i with a Falcon under TOS 4.02.

I wonder if this problem only appear with MintNet 0.90 ...

Do there is a solution to inhibe the Carrier detection ?
__

| Abel PHILIPPE                          |
| Atari Falcon 030 + FPU + DSP           |

PPP disconnection

Post by dm » Sun, 17 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I still have a little problem with PPP connection (PPPKIT in fact) :
> from time to time, during Web browsing the modem hang on (is it the right word
> ?), as it had loss the carrier or something else. Let me say one more
again that
> the PPP kit is based on :

> Mint 1.12.5
> MintNet 1.0 pl 1
> pppd 2.2.0
> Cab 1.5
> Cab_for_Mintnet 1.77

> I use a Motorola v32bis v42i with a Falcon under TOS 4.02.

> I wonder if this problem only appear with MintNet 0.90 ...

> Do there is a solution to inhibe the Carrier detection ?

You might want to check if the modem on the other end is a US Robotics.
They have a known problem with "pausing".

Dan

1. PPP disconnection

I'm not sure what you mean with "the modem hang on" but I do have
problems with certain URL's. Trying to view then give me after a while
a "connection to host" and that's it. I can wait for ages but nothing
happens.
Is this the problem you have?

Martin
__

             ***************************************
             * On the seventh day He created Atari *

                 ***************************

2. Q:LaTeX: Obtaining a counter value as text

3. PPP-Connect (was: Re: STING and PPP: the final answer ?)

4. Lan-Ras Problem!

5. atari 8-bit ppp anyone ??

6. PCPursuit replacement(s) wanted

7. Looking for PPP connexion

8. WebEx 1.1h

9. DGS/PPP CD - read the independent review....

10. Atari 8-bit PC CD-ROM of PPP/DGS Products (Quick, SAM, etc.)

11. Atari 8-bit PPP/DGS PC CD-ROM

12. DGS/PPP Atari 8-bit CD - Summary of prices/contents

13. DGS/PPP CD-ROM - progress update