Author of Winx

Post by Andre Leistn » Tue, 21 Jun 1994 23:10:24

Someone (Ofir Gal?) needed the new email address of Martin Osieka, the author of WINX and GEMRAM. Here it is:

Please remember not to send him mails >16 KB (this is a limit of the German MausNet).

Current versions of the above programmes are: WINX 2.3h BETA
                                              GEMRAM 1.7 BETA

Both programmes may be downloaded from a Mailbox in Germany (MAUS OF2) and they may be testet by anyone likes to. The upload to other BBSs is not allowed.

Andre

Author of Winx

Post by Denesh Bhabu » Wed, 22 Jun 1994 01:35:15

: Current versions of the above programmes are: WINX 2.3h BETA
:                                               GEMRAM 1.7 BETA

: Both programmes may be downloaded from a Mailbox in Germany (MAUS OF2) and they may be testet by anyone likes to. The upload to other BBSs is not allowed.

Anyone know how to get onto of2?

I've tried telnet and ftp, but to no avail...

Danny
--
Denesh Bhabuta (Danny), --: HENSA/micros Moderator & Support :--
                Computer Centre, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YW

Author of Winx

Post by Patrick Koeh » Wed, 22 Jun 1994 19:38:58

Quote:Bhabuta) writes:

|> : Both programmes may be downloaded from a Mailbox in Germany (MAUS OF2)
|> and they may be testet by anyone likes to. The upload to other BBSs is
|> not allowed.
|>
|> Anyone know how to get onto of2?
|>
|> I've tried telnet and ftp, but to no avail...

Hi Danny

The MAUS-Net is a BB-System that is NOT online with the internet!
Mails into the MAUS-Net are possible but nothing else. You have to ring up the
mailbox an then download the programm.

If it is possible I will upload the programms to an ftp-site.

Give me some days of time, please!

--

Gruss

         ...Patrick

Patrick Koehne
Irisweg 9
59439 Holzwickede
Germany

Author of Winx

Post by Andre Leistn » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 00:26:26

Quote:>If it is possible I will upload the programms to an ftp-site.

But do ask Martin Osieka for permission to do so. I'm sure he'd be very disappointed if you didn't. The readme file of WINX BETA explicitly tells not to upload the file anywhere else!

After all, it's a BETA version. Some new features work only on TOS versions >2 (for example choosing your own (Speedo)GDOS-font for window gadgets). Maybe he tries to implement them for the older TOSes, too.

Andre

Author of Winx

Post by Patrick Koeh » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 21:16:35

|> But do ask Martin Osieka for permission to do so. I'm sure he'd be very disappointed if you didn't. The readme file of WINX BETA explicitly tells not to upload the file anywhere else!
|>
|> After all, it's a BETA version. Some new features work only on TOS versions >2 (for example choosing your own (Speedo)GDOS-font for window gadgets). Maybe he tries to implement them for the older TOSes, too.

Yes, I will ask him!
Therefor it will take some more time!

Stay tuned..... ;-))

--

Gruss

         ...Patrick

Patrick Koehne
Irisweg 9
59439 Holzwickede
Germany

Author of Winx

Post by Hendrik Myli » Wed, 29 Jun 1994 03:17:00

On Tuesday June 21th at about twenty to twelve

write:

PK>If it is possible I will upload the programms to an ftp-site.

Watch out!

*All versions of WINX > 2.2 are not ment to be downloaded anywhere!*

The 2.3x-versions still have beta-status.

/Hendr!k/

No mail > 16k!

Author of Winx

Post by Patrick Koeh » Tue, 05 Jul 1994 20:42:43

Quote:(Hendrik Mylius) writes:

|> PK>If it is possible I will upload the programms to an ftp-site.
|>
|> Watch out!
|>
|> *All versions of WINX > 2.2 are not ment to be downloaded anywhere!*
|>
|> The 2.3x-versions still have beta-status.

Is the Version 2.2 already uploaded??

--

Gruss

         ...Patrick

Patrick Koehne
Irisweg 9
59439 Holzwickede
Germany

Author of Winx

Post by Denesh Bhabu » Tue, 05 Jul 1994 23:15:47

Quote:: (Hendrik Mylius) writes:

: |> PK>If it is possible I will upload the programms to an ftp-site.
: |>
: |> Watch out!
: |>
: |> *All versions of WINX > 2.2 are not ment to be downloaded anywhere!*
: |>
: |> The 2.3x-versions still have beta-status.

: Is the Version 2.2 already uploaded??

Yes, you may download it from:

micros.hensa.ac.uk

under

micros/atari/tos/n/n128/*.*

GEMRAM 1.6 is also available from here, under

micros/atari/tos/n/n127/*.*

Download and enjoy.

Danny
--
Denesh Bhabuta (Danny), --: HENSA/micros Moderator & Support :--
                Computer Centre, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YW

1. Robotz: Author, author!

Does anyone know who wrote Robotz, recently posted to atari.archive?
The doc file that came with it gives no information at all.  If there
was a post here about, I missed it.  (Sorry.)

For those who haven't gotten a copy, get it.  It's a good version of
the old arcade game Berzerk, with that "ultra shaded metallic" look,
decent game play, and good digitized sound effects.

(I couldn't get it to run correctly from the hard drive though, so
make sure you try it from a floppy first.)

Dave Baggett

2. List of 28.8 modems PLEASE!? :)

3. WINX

4. dial up connection icon does not display when connected

5. WINX 2.1: how to change max # of windows?

6. FA: 8k Cache Board For TransWarp GS

7. WINX, MiNT & Thing??

8. Wanted 3270 Termcap

9. WinX under MultiTOS?