DVI driver for TeX

Post by Dave Johns » Sat, 08 Feb 1992 21:58:39

I am looking for a DVI driver for my deskjet 500 in order for me to print a DVI
file in landscape mode. Has this been implement in an drivers on the ST (Do the
drivers in CS-TeX allow this for example)

Dave J

DVI driver for TeX

Post by Volker A. Brand » Wed, 12 Feb 1992 04:35:07

>I am looking for a DVI driver for my deskjet 500 in order for me to print a DVI
>file in landscape mode. Has this been implement in an drivers on the ST (Do the
>drivers in CS-TeX allow this for example)

Yes, they do.

The Deskjet 500 driver is probably the best-debugged and most-used driver in
the CS-TeX package since Christoph bought a Deskjet 500 late last year.

Moral: If you want a classy laser driver, send CS a laser printer :-)

UUCP:     ...!unido!DBNRHRZ1.bitnet!unm409             Angewandte Mathematik

DVI driver for TeX

Post by Cornelius Kras » Wed, 12 Feb 1992 18:03:13

Quote:>The Deskjet 500 driver is probably the best-debugged and most-used driver in
>the CS-TeX package since Christoph bought a Deskjet 500 late last year.
>Moral: If you want a classy laser driver, send CS a laser printer :-)

Even without doing so, the CS laser printer driver works perfectly with the
HP Laserjet III here in the university :-)
--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen     */

DVI driver for TeX

Post by Timothy Galliv » Thu, 13 Feb 1992 06:05:37

>I am looking for a DVI driver for my deskjet 500 in order for me to print a DVI
>file in landscape mode. Has this been implement in an drivers on the ST (Do the
>drivers in CS-TeX allow this for example)

I can't pass up the opportunity to advertise a little. The above can
be done with dvips and ghostscript, with the aid of a little file
called twoup.ps. Dvips and ghostscript are available on atari.archive,
and twoup.ps is widely available.

dvips -h twoup.ps -t landscape file.dvi

produces a postscript file with two pages of text printed in landscape
on a single page.

Then you can use ghostscript to print it.

Tim

DVI driver for TeX

Post by B.E.Hein » Thu, 27 Feb 1992 03:48:34

>>I am looking for a DVI driver for my deskjet 500 in order for me to print a DVI
>>file in landscape mode. Has this been implement in an drivers on the ST (Do the
>>drivers in CS-TeX allow this for example)

>Yes, they do.

>The Deskjet 500 driver is probably the best-debugged and most-used driver in
>the CS-TeX package since Christoph bought a Deskjet 500 late last year.

How do I setup the dvi_dj.ttp to print in landscape mode? (I have the cs-TeX
distribution of the ST-Computer magazine).

bye
    Benedikt

Benedikt Eric Heinen,                Matthiashofstr. 3, W5100 Aachen, Germany

PISCES (Feb. 19 - Mar. 20)
        You have a vivid imagination and often think you are being
        followed by the CIA or FBI.  You have minor influence over your
        associates and people resent your flaunting of your power.  You
        lack confidence and you are generally a coward.  Pisces people
        do terrible things to small animals.

1. Laser driver for TeX and DVI files

I have seen several postings about the screen previewer (DVIST) and
the Epson printer driver (DVIEPS) for the ST TeX port, but I can't
seem to find anyone mentioning a driver for a laser printer, either the
Atari or the HP LaserJet...

Right now the only way I have to print off the documents is to upload them
to work and use the printer there.

Does anyone know where I might find a driver that runs under GEM/TOS for
printing .DVI files on one of the above-mentioned laser printers??

Thanx in advance

James.

2. I have questions. Do you have answers? IPAQ HELP

3. TeX - DVI-drivers

4. Computer und W?rme

5. TeX/DVI on Atari SLM804

6. Looking for...

7. TeX DVI ---> PostScript, and a postscript

8. Termcap failure in pine 3.9.2/3.9.3

9. TeX/LaTeX/DVI/Metafont

10. TeX help - printing .DVI files

11. TEX DVI to THINKJET driv