MPP modem power supply needed

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Connie Cleving » Thu, 11 Jul 1996 04:00:00



I need to know if the MPP (400 baud) modems use the normal Atari power
supply or something special.

 
 
 

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Al » Thu, 11 Jul 1996 04:00:00


400 baud???!

Just imagine if the boys in marketing had come up with a plan to step up
modem speed increases by 100s with each new product release...

Alf

 
 
 

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Dennis McGuir » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00



Quote:> 400 baud???!

> Just imagine if the boys in marketing had come up with a plan to step up
> modem speed increases by 100s with each new product release...

        The MPP modems supported a 450 bps transfer rate, as did
CompuServe.  It doesn't sound like a big deal now, but it is a 50%
increase over the 300 bps that was standard and on-line time was much
more expensive back then.
 
 
 

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Nick S Bense » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00





>> 400 baud???!

>> Just imagine if the boys in marketing had come up with a plan to step up
>> modem speed increases by 100s with each new product release...

>    The MPP modems supported a 450 bps transfer rate, as did
>CompuServe.  It doesn't sound like a big deal now, but it is a 50%
>increase over the 300 bps that was standard and on-line time was much
>more expensive back then.

The Color64 BBS software for the C64 also supported a 450 baud mode, and
virtually any 300 baud modem could handle it.

It was easier to get 450 baud between two different modems back then than
it is today to get a USR and non-USR 14.4 to talk to each other.

--

" " " "  " " " " " " "  """"""""""""""""""""   '''''''''''''''''''''  /      \
On 22 July, 1996, at 6:00 pm GMT, everyone in the world     Phoenix-->*_,--._/
just START HUMMING.  Those who don't know will freak.              Tucson-->v

 
 
 

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Ed L. Pulli » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00


Don't know if this helps, as I have forgotten what the MPP modem was.
The only two Atari modems I remember were the 830 modem which required
connection through the 850 interface.  I believe that this was their
first modem.  It was acoustically coupled, and 300 Baud.  It required a
24v ac/150 mA transformer power supply, according to my 850 manual.
Their second (I think) modem was the XM301, which was a nifty little
gray box that was powered from the computer.

These are the only two Atari modems I know about, as I started buying
other (faster) modems after that.

Hope this helps!

--

07/11/96 22:35
---------
Using: OUI PRO 1.5.0.2 from http://www.dvorak.com

 
 
 

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Kevin Steinha » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00



>I need to know if the MPP (400 baud) modems use the normal Atari power
>supply or something special.

If you're talking about the MPP 1000C modem that plugs into the joystick ports,
then use a 9 v dc 200 mA  power supply

Hope that helps...

 
 
 

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Dennis McGuir » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00



Quote:> Don't know if this helps, as I have forgotten what the MPP modem was.
> The only two Atari modems I remember were the 830 modem which required
> connection through the 850 interface.  I believe that this was their
> first modem.  It was acoustically coupled, and 300 Baud.  It required a
> 24v ac/150 mA transformer power supply, according to my 850 manual.
> Their second (I think) modem was the XM301, which was a nifty little
> gray box that was powered from the computer.
> These are the only two Atari modems I know about, as I started buying
> other (faster) modems after that.

        Atari also produced the 835 modem (300 bps, direct connect, beige
800-style case), the 1030 (300 bps, direct connect, ROM-based T: handler,
1050-style case), and the SX212 (1200bps, SIO/RS232 ports, XE-style case).
 
 
 

MPP modem power supply needed

Post by Bad » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00



Quote:

>I need to know if the MPP (400 baud) modems use the normal Atari power
>supply or something special.

well, timing is everything, I wish I had seen this post 2 weeks ago.  I *JUST*
got back to Arizona from Massachusettes yesterday.  At my parent's house in
Mass, I still have all my old Atari equipment, including the MPP 1000c modem
(which is 450 baud, not 400).  I was looking at all the stuff (though I never
hooked it up).  Im sure it all still works though.  Sorry I didnt see this in
time, I could have looked to see what the power supply was.  

--mark

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.primenet.com/~bady    __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____

                               /   / \  / / / / /__ /  \/ /___  /-----------

"Ok, let's mix some Titanium White with a little bit of Prussion Blue,
and we'll paint a Happy Little Cloud over here.  Place them wherever you
want inside your world.  To add some Happy Little Trees we'll need to use
our fanbrush. But first, clean the brush by getting it wet, then beat the
devil out of it."
                  -- paraphrase of Bob Ross (the afro painting dude)

Do NOT taunt Happy Fun Ball