Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by John Garo » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:54:50

Hi All,
   Has anyone out here gotten the 'Falcon' F16 Fighter Simulation by
Spectrum Holobyte (for the ST) to run on a Falcon030? BackwardIII gets
me somewhere but the fighter program eventually locks up!
          John G.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by John Garo » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:15:35

Sorry if this got posted twice!

Hi All,
   Has anyone out here gotten the 'Falcon' F16 Fighter Simulation by
Spectrum Holobyte (for the ST) to run on a Falcon030? BackwardIII gets
me somewhere but the fighter program eventually locks up!
          John G.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by Peter Persso » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:41:43

Hi,

It is possible, at least with backward 2. 8 mhz CPU, 8mhz blitter, no cache
and ST mode sound i think.

/Peter

Quote:> Sorry if this got posted twice!

> Hi All,
>    Has anyone out here gotten the 'Falcon' F16 Fighter Simulation by
> Spectrum Holobyte (for the ST) to run on a Falcon030? BackwardIII gets
> me somewhere but the fighter program eventually locks up!
>           John G.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by John Garo » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 23:10:46

Hi Pete,
   I've been playing with the settings on BacwardIII (don't have 2 )
and got a lot to work with similar settings as your suggestion but
only keyboard control and not all of that either. I can fly around,
fire different weapons, use auto pilot and more but locks up if ESC,
HELP and some others are hit. Maybe it also has to due with having a
different keyboard than an ST (extra keys?).
Thanks for the feedback.
       John G.

>Hi,

>It is possible, at least with backward 2. 8 mhz CPU, 8mhz blitter, no cache
>and ST mode sound i think.

>/Peter

>> Sorry if this got posted twice!

>> Hi All,
>>    Has anyone out here gotten the 'Falcon' F16 Fighter Simulation by
>> Spectrum Holobyte (for the ST) to run on a Falcon030? BackwardIII gets
>> me somewhere but the fighter program eventually locks up!
>>           John G.

>.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by atariga.. » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 08:03:39

Quote:> Sorry if this got posted twice!

> Hi All,
>    Has anyone out here gotten the 'Falcon' F16 Fighter Simulation by
> Spectrum Holobyte (for the ST) to run on a Falcon030? BackwardIII gets
> me somewhere but the fighter program eventually locks up!
>           John G.

A bit off topic, but...
...Backward III was made freeware a while back.  Could someone post the
code?

Galen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by John Garo » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 11:09:33

>> Sorry if this got posted twice!

>> Hi All,
>>    Has anyone out here gotten the 'Falcon' F16 Fighter Simulation by
>> Spectrum Holobyte (for the ST) to run on a Falcon030? BackwardIII gets
>> me somewhere but the fighter program eventually locks up!
>>           John G.

>A bit off topic, but...
>....Backward III was made freeware a while back.  Could someone post the
>code?

>Galen

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.
>.

Hi Galen,
   Not being a programmer, would the code be in with the package of
BackwardIII files? Type of file?
      John G.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by atariga.. » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 09:51:06

Quote:> >A bit off topic, but...
> >....Backward III was made freeware a while back.  Could someone post
the
> >code?

> Hi Galen,
>    Not being a programmer, would the code be in with the package of
> BackwardIII files? Type of file?
>       John G.

Nope.  Look under "register".  It's probably around 16 ASCII
characters, and will just look like "Gh85HId43DGbvc".  (But that's not
it :-))

Galen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by John Garo » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>> >A bit off topic, but...
>> >....Backward III was made freeware a while back.  Could someone post
>the
>> >code?

>> Hi Galen,
>>    Not being a programmer, would the code be in with the package of
>> BackwardIII files? Type of file?
>>       John G.

>Nope.  Look under "register".  It's probably around 16 ASCII
>characters, and will just look like "Gh85HId43DGbvc".  (But that's not
>it :-))

>Galen

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.
>.

Hi Galen,
   I'm curious as to why you wanted that code for BackwardIII and
was James's INF file what you were looking for?
   Regarding the F16 simulator program, I've since found that if the
"All Sound Off" is selected (on the first screen that it is selectable)
then the computer does'nt lock up almost all the other features! Turning
the sound back on after taking off is OK then! There's still a lock-up
though if Esc, Help, or * is hit!!!
   (running on a 'vanilla' Falcon MKI, 14 meg, TOS 4.04)
        John G.

Falcon on a Falcon!

Post by atariga.. » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:54:04

> Hi Galen,
>    I'm curious as to why you wanted that code for BackwardIII and
> was James's INF file what you were looking for?

Since I have a STe, I generally don't turn on the Falcon just for
games.  However, it occurred to me that computers don't live forever,
so I figured a copy of Backward III might be a good idea to keep around.

As for the .INF file, probably, but I won't know for sure until I get
it home... No manual MIMEing on this PC.

Galen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Falcon, falcon, falcon

I will be buying a Falcon very soon (hooray!), but what I want to know is:
When will they be officially UK released? None of the shops I've been to
even know its coming out yet!! Also, how much can I expect to pay? STF said
that the standard Falcon would be 400 pounds, but all adverts I've seen are
selling it for 500 pounds...Is this because they're imports?

Someone wrote to this group saying that alot of ST owners won't be spending
money on a Falcon, since they'll be losing the ST games...well, I'm getting
a Falcon, and I have over 100 ORIGINAL games..I'm just glad Stunt Car Racer
and Dungeon Master work!

Anyone know whether or not Oids, Microprose Grand Prix, Microprose Golf
and Dogs Of War work?

Martin

PS I will be writing games for the Falcon :)

2. Problem with Infragisitic Tab control and User Control

3. Falcon, Falcon who has got a Falcon

4. FP Times Out when recalculating indexes

5. falcon manual needed and falcon ftp sites ??

6. Immediate return of keyboard input

7. Bad Falcon problem solved (was:HELP Bad falcon problem)

8. BIOS Problem? MSI K7T Turbo Limited Edition

9. Falcon Game Developer Support (was Doom for falcon?)

10. Bad Falcon problem solved (was:HELP Bad falcon problem)

11. Falcon game developer support (was Doom for Falcon?)

12. Atari Falcon or C-Lab Falcon

13. Falcon, Falcon who has got