Supra HD driver software needed

Post by John Dunca » Thu, 03 May 2001 17:36:26

I'm reassembling my Atari 4meg STE and have an old 20 meg Supra Harddrive.
I am going to put a new mechanism in it and need to find out of the software
drivers are available.  Will ICD software work as I still have my original
disks for that.

John Duncan

Supra HD driver software needed

Post by James Alexande » Thu, 24 May 2001 10:59:42

Hi John

I've managed to get the ICD driver working on a TT system and seen it running on
a STe and megafile so it might work.  You could also try HDdriver as well.
theres a demo on the web I think.

Post by Uwe Seime » Thu, 24 May 2001 15:04:36

> I've managed to get the ICD driver working on a TT system and seen it running on
> a STe and megafile so it might work.  You could also try HDdriver as well.
> theres a demo on the web I think.

This is the URL: http://www.seimet.de/atari_english.html

HDDRIVER should work, indeed.

                                          http://www.seimet.de

Post by GokMa » Thu, 24 May 2001 19:33:13

>> I've managed to get the ICD driver working on a TT system and seen it running on
>> a STe and megafile so it might work.  You could also try HDdriver as well.
>> theres a demo on the web I think.

>This is the URL: http://www.seimet.de/atari_english.html

>HDDRIVER should work, indeed.

Sorry, I lost the original posting to this thread so I reply to this
one instead. I have a supradrive connected to my STe and have heard
from others that these drives might be picky about the driver and not
working properly under hddriver. I guess you might wish to try
hddriver first, since that is a driver that is up-to-date and all, but
if the fails I have the original disks and could send a copy if
needed.

Regards,

Joakim

Post by Uwe Seime » Fri, 25 May 2001 15:30:59

> Sorry, I lost the original posting to this thread so I reply to this
> one instead. I have a supradrive connected to my STe and have heard
> from others that these drives might be picky about the driver and not
> working properly under hddriver. I guess you might wish to try
> hddriver first, since that is a driver that is up-to-date and all, but
> if the fails I have the original disks and could send a copy if
> needed.

With respect to HDDRIVER you can simply check whether it works with the
demo version: http://www.seimet.de/hddriver_english.html

                                          http://www.seimet.de

Supra HD driver software needed

Post by Ellio » Sat, 26 May 2001 05:50:50

HD Driver will work fine and will also give you some other benefits, but if
you really want the Supra Utils then I have them.

Elliot...

> >> I've managed to get the ICD driver working on a TT system and seen it
running on
> >> a STe and megafile so it might work.  You could also try HDdriver as
well.
> >> theres a demo on the web I think.

> >This is the URL: http://www.seimet.de/atari_english.html

> >HDDRIVER should work, indeed.

> Sorry, I lost the original posting to this thread so I reply to this
> one instead. I have a supradrive connected to my STe and have heard
> from others that these drives might be picky about the driver and not
> working properly under hddriver. I guess you might wish to try
> hddriver first, since that is a driver that is up-to-date and all, but
> if the fails I have the original disks and could send a copy if
> needed.

> Regards,

> Joakim

1. Supra HD Drivers

Hello,

I am trying rescue a Supra 20M external drive.  The drive inside was
toast so I replaced it with another 20M mech I had lying around.
Unfortunately, I can not seem to get it to format - I have tried Atari's
HDX 5 which sees it, but can not format it even though I modified the
WINCAP file with the drive parameters.

It is an Apple SCSI Miniscribe 8425S that I know works.  ANy help out there?

Also, while I have your attention - I am looking for the power supply
specifications for the Translator One from Data Pacific (allowed you to
read/write Mac disks with the Happy Sac/Spectre 128)

Thanks

-Marlin

2. Q: String gadget

3. Supra HD utilities..I need 'em!

4. Installing w2000 on w98 machine and clearing all files on pc

5. Problem with HD (Supra HD interface)

6. Save in the default folder

7. SyQuest EZFlyer - need HD Driver?

8. Event Viewer "Information" Post

9. I Need Location of HD-Drivers

10. Hd driver software: Where?

11. Software Upgades in the US: HD Driver, NVDI, CAB, MajiC