Multi-Boot menus - were they a world standard?

Multi-Boot menus - were they a world standard?

Post by Gareth Randa » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

John Williams' Multi-Boot menus were pretty much the standard method
of swapping bootleg software among Atari users in the UK - did the
same apply elsewhere in the world?

Gareth

Multi-Boot menus - were they a world standard?

Post by Yog » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>John Williams' Multi-Boot menus were pretty much the standard method
>of swapping bootleg software among Atari users in the UK - did the
>same apply elsewhere in the world?

>Gareth

Here in the US the elite pirates only dealt with files that would load
from DOS- no special menus needed - if the file was too big to fit, we
used a loader to load at $600 and relocate as needed. I realized it
was a lot more work than slapping it into a multi-boot menu, but it
was more of a thrill to do so. Most of the stuff I've gotten since
using the pc as a server in US is still in that form, and the overseas
stuff is the multi-boot.
Yogi

1. Multi-processing on a standard 68000 ST(e)

Hi there,
        I've been working on a new window operating system for the ST computers
        for 2 years now (not man years!) ... because it needs a better one.

        Well anyway I've managed to build a complete set of widgets, over-laying
        windows, a virtual desktop, etc .... and it's wicked!

        I've already written programs with this system (a multi-function disk-analyser,
        a natural language preprocessor, etc) .... BUT what I really want to do is
        multi-process programs in my windows ...

        I've tried using the MFP chip, but no luck; I tried time slicing each process
        and it just crashed after switching once for some weird reason; I had saved
        the PC and SR.

        This is really giving a BIG headache .... can anyone help???

        I could send some demos of the work I've done so far if anyone is interested.

                                        Thor (Ajay Soni)
                                                of The Illusion Masters

2. 1084S needs degausing???

3. Netware 4.11 with nwclient 2.2 & 2.5

4. DOS to boot disk / Menu programs

5. Automated - Customized - HTML e-mail sender

6. fast boot maker / menu

7. Where did the binaries go?

8. Menu programs/boot loading

9. Need DOS disk boot menu for unenhanced 1050

10. Quick Boot Menu - Where's it at?

11. Boot Sector Menu?

12. *Help* I need to make a non-standard text file standard.