Atari ST-mouse / PC-mouse

Post by Krister Sundstr? » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Is there a way to connect a standard MS-Serial PC-mouse to the Atari ST. I
know that the pin-config of the port-interface is different.

Or, is there a Atari compatible mouse that I can buy??? (Sweden)

Thanks, Krister

Atari ST-mouse / PC-mouse

Post by Nicholas Bal » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>Is there a way to connect a standard MS-Serial PC-mouse to the Atari ST. I
>know that the pin-config of the port-interface is different.

You plug it into the ST serial port (it's a serial mouse after all, isn't
it?), then you need a special driver that runs in the AUTO folder. There is
one on most FTP sites called mouse25.prg

Quote:>Or, is there a Atari compatible mouse that I can buy??? (Sweden)

Absolutely, from just about any Atari dealer. Try systems solutions in the UK

Quote:>Thanks, Krister

Cheers,

Nick.
--

===|||==== The Atari ST Quick FAQ ===================== hol.fr
  / | \   http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~nbales/quickfaq.htm

Atari ST-mouse / PC-mouse

Post by Michael and Nicole Freem » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a way to connect a standard MS-Serial PC-mouse to the Atari ST. I
>know that the pin-config of the port-interface is different.

There is a program somewhere that allows you to use a serial mouse via
the serial port (imagine that! :) however it ties up the port for
other things like your modem. Perhaps if you have a TT with multiple
serial ports, that's ok, but otherwise it's kind of a pain, I would
think. Someone correct me if I've got this info wrong.

Quote:>Or, is there a Atari compatible mouse that I can buy??? (Sweden)

Yes, there are Atari compatible mice out there. If you contact nearly
any Atari dealer they should be able to get you one or tell you where
to get one. I know Systems For Tomorrow has a couple, and Toad used
to, but I'm not sure what kind of stock they have now.

                                                Mike Freeman

Atari ST-mouse / PC-mouse

Post by Jan Perss » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a way to connect a standard MS-Serial PC-mouse to the Atari ST. I
>know that the pin-config of the port-interface is different.

>Or, is there a Atari compatible mouse that I can buy??? (Sweden)

Hej Krister,

det finns ett program som heter Mouse25 som gr det mjligt att anv?nda PC
bussmus fr Atari. P? en Atari ST blockerar denna den enda serieporten vilket
kanske inte ?r s? lyckat om du t?nker anv?nda modem.
Jag har mycket bra ers?ttningsmss fr din Atari. Kostar 295:- inkl. moms.
Kan skicka samma dag du best?ller om du best?ller innan posten sl?r igen.

Det ?r en mycket bra mus med microswitchar och kan inte p? n?got s?tt j?mfras
med "R?ttus Neanderthalus " som vi kallar Atari's originalmus.

mvh, janne

fd Falcon Pro Center