Bug in VIEWER.APP & Gulam on Falcon

Post by Jaap Henk Hoepm » Tue, 12 Apr 1994 20:33:53

Hi,

Does anyone know how to treat (circumvent, or whatever) the following two bugs?

1. If lines longer than the width of the screen are being output by a command
   executed from Gulam, each spillover character is output on single line like
.
   This happens when I boot my Falcon without MultiTos running.

2. If I do use MultiTos, and want to show a file with VIEWER.APP, I get
   an empty window with the VIEWER-icon in the middle and a transparent
   window status line (i.e. the line just below the window title).
   Clicking the scrollbars sometimes shows me part of the text to be
   shown, but with truncated characters. It seems as if VIEWER.APP thinks the
   upper-left corner of its window is always located at the upper-left corner,
   because if I move the window to that position it will show me most of the
   text (provided I scroll it first).

I have a 4Mb/85Mb TOS 4.01 Falcon with SVGA, usually operating in 16 colour
mode, and FPATCH2 installed.

Thanks,

Jaap-Henk

CWI (Centre for Math. and Comp. Sci.)         | when even food was against us!"
P.O. Box 94079, 1090 GB  Amsterdam            |                    - Nick Cave

Bug in VIEWER.APP & Gulam on Falcon

Post by Chris Ri » Tue, 12 Apr 1994 22:36:28

Quote:>2. If I do use MultiTos, and want to show a file with VIEWER.APP, I get
>   an empty window with the VIEWER-icon in the middle and a transparent
>   window status line (i.e. the line just below the window title).
>   Clicking the scrollbars sometimes shows me part of the text to be
>   shown, but with truncated characters. It seems as if VIEWER.APP thinks the
>   upper-left corner of its window is always located at the upper-left corner,
>   because if I move the window to that position it will show me most of the
>   text (provided I scroll it first).

>I have a 4Mb/85Mb TOS 4.01 Falcon with SVGA, usually operating in 16 colour
>mode, and FPATCH2 installed.

It works fine on my TT with NVDI. Perhaps your should get a less buggy
version of the Falcon TOS, eg 4.04

--
--Chris

X.400: g=chris;s=ridd;o=nhs imc;ou1=cosit;a=attmail;p=nhs imc;c=gb

Bug in VIEWER.APP & Gulam on Falcon

Post by Frank Barte » Thu, 14 Apr 1994 14:35:12

Quote:> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to treat (circumvent, or whatever) the following two bugs?
> 1. If lines longer than the width of the screen are being output by a command
>    executed from Gulam, each spillover character is output on single line like
> .
>    This happens when I boot my Falcon without MultiTos running.

This is a bug in the VT52-Emulator of TOS 4.01. Get 4.04 instead.

Quote:> 2. If I do use MultiTos, and want to show a file with VIEWER.APP, I get
>    an empty window with the VIEWER-icon in the middle and a transparent
>    window status line (i.e. the line just below the window title).
>    Clicking the scrollbars sometimes shows me part of the text to be
>    shown, but with truncated characters. It seems as if VIEWER.APP thinks the
>    upper-left corner of its window is always located at the upper-left corner,
>    because if I move the window to that position it will show me most of the
>    text (provided I scroll it first).

Didn't see that bug, because I don't use VIEWER.APP. But I know there
were some bugs in earlier VIEWER.APP's which were fixed in sperate,
free releases later.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels       |      Fax/UUCP: + 49 89 5469593          | MiNT is

Post by Chris Ri » Sat, 16 Apr 1994 19:22:00

>Didn't see that bug, because I don't use VIEWER.APP. But I know there
>were some bugs in earlier VIEWER.APP's which were fixed in sperate,
>free releases later.

I don't get that bug in VIEWER.APP, but my copy doesn't appear to draw
8-bit characters properly -- they are drawn corrupted (random pixels,
actually).

My copy came with MulTOS 1.04/AES 4.00 from Hisoft. Where do you get
the (free) updates?

--

Post by Frank Barte » Mon, 18 Apr 1994 18:56:11

> >Didn't see that bug, because I don't use VIEWER.APP. But I know there
> >were some bugs in earlier VIEWER.APP's which were fixed in sperate,
> >free releases later.
> I don't get that bug in VIEWER.APP, but my copy doesn't appear to draw
> 8-bit characters properly -- they are drawn corrupted (random pixels,
> actually).

Yes, now I remember. This was one of the bugs which were fixed in the newer
release.

Quote:> My copy came with MulTOS 1.04/AES 4.00 from Hisoft. Where do you get
> the (free) updates?

Wilfred Kilwinger released it several months ago into the MausNet,
but I think you'll find it on several ftp-sites, too. Maybe it's on
a.a in atari/Falcon.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels       |      Fax/UUCP: + 49 89 5469593          | MiNT is

1. VIEWER.APP woes

Hello,

        The VIEWER.APP I got with my Falcon doesn't work.  For small
files, I only get some kind of a bitmap picture of an eye (at least
that's what I think it is) and nothing else.  The desktop shows
through the top few lines.  For large files, I can move the slider
down and up once and thus read the text.  Anyway, I'm not too
satisfied with this VIEWER.  I can't even use the cursor keys or
spacebar to scroll.

        So, what kind of viewers are y'all using?  Guck perhaps?  Or do I
have to hack one up myself (would be a sensible first-project on my
new Falcon...)

Greetings,
--
$4HLF$4RLLS$4HL%;5MLLD$5HL&<5MLPL$5HLHL2R,/K$2(K,+";
int i=0,j,k;for(;i<10;i++){for(j=0;j<11;j++)for(k=0;k<6;)putchar(c[11*i+j]-36&1<<k++&&j*6+k<65?'#':' ');putchar(10);}}         /* ATARI Falcon030 */

2. INFO: A guide to the Windows newsgroups [FAQ]

3. Antic & Analog Type-Ins?

4. rsync.tar for linux?

5. GULAM: rx and sx - and help with GULAM & MWC 2.0

6. looking for msdos 3.0

7. Fix bugs to fix bugs, or to Fix Bugs?

8. Required .net with java consultant

9. gulam bug

10. Possible printing bug in Gulam

11. Gulam bug? and turtle limitation.