magic mac 6 on mac quadra?

Post by Wanado » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

recently i read the ASH page on magic mac. It said that on older macs magic
mac would not be an emulator program since it would run on the processor
family (M680X0) it was meant for originally. So there would be no need to
translate m68k instructions to ppc instructions. I looked at some specs of
older macs, such as the Quadras who feature a 68040 processor at 66 Mhz,
often with built-in FPU, at least 500 Mb HD, CD rom etc.
Has anyone out there tried to run magic mac 6 on one of these older macs? It
would be a dirt cheap way to run magic fast, a lot cheaper than running
magic PC or magic milan...

greetings Freek Munniksma.

magic mac 6 on mac quadra?

Post by Joergen Ba » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:44:23 +0200

>Hello everyone,

>recently i read the ASH page on magic mac. It said that on
>older macs magic
>mac would not be an emulator program since it would run on the
>processor
>family (M680X0) it was meant for originally. So there would be
>no need to
>translate m68k instructions to ppc instructions. I looked at
>some specs of
>older macs, such as the Quadra`s who feature a 68040 processor
>at 66 Mhz,
>often with built-in FPU, at least 500 Mb HD, CD rom etc.
>Has anyone out there tried to run magic mac 6 on one of these
>older macs? It
>would be a dirt cheap way to run magic fast, a lot cheaper
>than running
>magic PC or magic milan...

>greetings Freek Munniksma.

Yes, I am doing it right now. This is written/send by ASH-
Emailer running in MagiCMac 6.01, on a Centris 660 AV.
All ASH internet programs run just fine, FIFI, Cab and Emailer.

cheers

Joergen

Sending mail and news on a Mac powered by MagicMac v. 6.01.
http://home3.inet.tele.dk/prunus/

magic mac 6 on mac quadra?

Post by Phil Waldin » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> recently i read the ASH page on magic mac. It said that on older macs
> magic
> mac would not be an emulator program since it would run on the processor
> family (M680X0) it was meant for originally. So there would be no need to
> translate m68k instructions to ppc instructions. I looked at some specs
> of
> older macs, such as the Quadras who feature a 68040 processor at 66 Mhz,
> often with built-in FPU, at least 500 Mb HD, CD rom etc.
> Has anyone out there tried to run magic mac 6 on one of these older macs?
> It
> would be a dirt cheap way to run magic fast, a lot cheaper than running
> magic PC or magic milan...

I only have Magic 1.2.5 (I think that's it) running on a Mac IIfx.
However before that I originally ran it on a Quadra 950 / 56 megs ram
and it used to go great.  Having said that, it goes pretty good on the
II fx also.

I have recently looked at updating, but for the amount times I run
magicMac now I don't think it's worth the cost (for me that is).

--
Phil Walding
Christchurch, New Zealand

1. Magic Mac on Power Mac AV question

        Hi friends:

        Is there a trick to run MagicMac on a PowerMac?

        I was able to run it on sys 7.6 but now does not run on sys 8.6
and it says something in German about page size 4096.

        Any one using this program please let me know of any possible
solution.

        Thanks! Raymond

2. Automatically To E-Mail...

3. mac sac - magic sac - mac bongo

4. DBLSPACE

5. WTB: magic and magic mac

6. win2k domain won't let winNT machines join domain

7. FS: Pagestream 3.x for Mac (for those Atarians that moved to Mac)

8. IBM software release which was to take care of installing their new os updates

9. Spectre GCR Mac emulator, w/ Mac Rom, interested?

10. Wanted - Mac ROMS for ST Mac cartridge

11. Spectre GCR (Mac+ emulator) vs. Mac MS-Word 5.1???

12. Mac 2 ST / ST 2 Mac

13. MAC: a shareware Mac emulator