Real Time Clock for ST's

Post by Dwane O'Dwye » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

A few years ago when I had my first ST, I installed a Real Time Clock module
(From Dallas Semiconductors) inside my ST.  Now that I have got another ST,
I want to do the same.  The program was called AREAL or something similar,
and it came as a auto-load program which automatically retrieved the time
and date from the module and set the ST's time.  It also had an accessory
which set the time initially.  Does anyone know where I can get the program
from, AND the installation instructions???  I have managed to get an old
version of the program, but it hasn't got the installation instructions for
the module with it.  The files I have are called ar20boot.arc and
ar20set.arc.  Can someone out there help me, please!

    thanks in advance.

Real Time Clock for ST's

Post by Dwane O'Dwye » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have found the program and info I require, thanks to another news group
reader..........
Thanks to all.

Quote:> A few years ago when I had my first ST, I installed a Real Time Clock
module
> (From Dallas Semiconductors) inside my ST.  Now that I have got another
ST,
> I want to do the same.  The program was called AREAL or something similar,
> and it came as a auto-load program which automatically retrieved the time
> and date from the module and set the ST's time.  It also had an accessory
> which set the time initially.  Does anyone know where I can get the
program
> from, AND the installation instructions???  I have managed to get an old
> version of the program, but it hasn't got the installation instructions
for
> the module with it.  The files I have are called ar20boot.arc and
> ar20set.arc.  Can someone out there help me, please!

>     thanks in advance.

Real Time Clock for ST's

Post by Derryck Croke » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Dwane O'Dwyer said:

Quote:>A few years ago when I had my first ST, I installed a Real Time Clock module (From
>Dallas Semiconductors) inside my ST.

I tried installing one of those modules (a DS1216) in my STFM a long while back, but
I couldn't get it to start running at all! :-(

I've recently had occasion to look at Dallas Semiconductors' web site, it looks like
the DS1216 isn't available any more, so I'm wondering if there is a Y2K problem with
it?

Rgds, Derryck

   /  The Cheshunt Computer Club   /
  / The essential for your Atari  /
 /        Monthly meetings       /
/ http://www.cix.co.uk/~derryck /

1. 'SMART WATCH' Real-Time Clock - (nf)

Well, there's another good product here in germany:

the HEISE VERLAG (Hannover) (they bring out the c't magazine) is marketing
a battery-buffered clock that fit under EVERY ROM on EVERY SYSTEM. Soft-
ware is included for the ATARI ST series. It also works in the 1040 case !!!

You can use this clock on every rom or ram socket. (It's very easy to use:
simply access *for three times* the LAST ADDRESS on that ROM - then you can
access the clock ...)

The price ? 109.- DM ~~ $ 50

The ADDRESS is:

Verlag Heinz Heise
Bissendorfer Str. 8-9

3000 HANNOVER 61
(West-Germany)          Tel.: +49-511-5352-0    TWX: 923173 heise d

Greetings,

Clemens

Contact via:

from the US: ...!pyramid!tub!csch
from Europe: ...!unido!tub!csch

tel.: +49-30-393-3574
      +49-30-332-4015

tlx.: (west-germany) + 186672 rdt d

2. Using a new font

3. 'SMART WATCH' Real-Time Clock

4. system freeze up while creating Data CD with ECDC

5. BATTERY B-UP'd REAL TIME CLOCK (wanted!)

6. Wangtek Tape drive specs?

7. Mega ST Real Time Clocks

8. Looking for 4th order low-pass butterworth filter design for ADSP-21xx architecture

9. Mega ST real time clock

10. Mega-ST real time clock.

11. Real Time Clock Program

12. dallas real time clock?