HD help

Post by Bryan_Jones_Woodwo.. » Sat, 05 Jan 1991 02:07:23

I am going to be getting a sizable tax return and would like to find out
as much as possible about hard drive configurations.  I find that from past
experience, posting to usenet has been most effective.

I would like to know what would be the best way to go. SCSI w/the ICD
host adaptor?  What adaptor does Supra offer?  What about RLL... what
sort of interface/controller would I need for that?  MFM?  What are
advantages/disadvantages to all of these?

How do I build a HD.. do I just need the HD, case (which sometimes includes
the power supply, yes?), and host adaptor?

Help!  A novice.

1. Falcon HD Help.

Hello NG.

Some hardware gurus please explain to me what is wrong with my
Falcon.
I cant boot from the hardrive anymore. It doesnt matter if I use the
new 4 Gig HD with MagiC, or if I put in the old original 130 Mb,
without Magic, just the TOS system.

It does not boot from the HD.
I can still boot it with a floppy and the system sees the HD, but will
not start from it.
It is like the system does not see the HD???  Strange or what??

Help.

Mvh

J?rgen Bak

http://home3.inet.tele.dk/prunus/

2. T1 ISDN PRI BUG(about call alerting forwarding or relay)

3. Backing up the HD --- HELP!

4. Suicidal LAN

5. RL/RL HD help

6. Lock Management for Remote Access

7. HD Help Needed

8. the good ol' 8375 and PAL/NTSC

9. HD help

10. HD help please

11. Maxtor HD help?

12. HELP - Falcon HD Problem! - HELP

13. Falcon HD formatting help needed...all help welcome!