Lemmings for the Atari 8-bits?

Post by Brad Roger » Fri, 26 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Whilst reading the usual rubbish I find here, John Veness wrote something
interesting to All about Lemmings for the Atari 8-bits?:

Hello John,

 JV> I'm a fan of the Lemmings series of games, and am looking to collect

Since this game post-dates the Atari's *useful* life-span by a decade or so,
it's highly unlikely that a commercial port exists.  A PD clone may, but not
/really/ being a games player, I wouldn't like to say.   :-(

 JV> Thank you for listening,

And thank *you* for asking.   :-)
           _
Regards,  /_)      2:251/50.75   39:139/50.70

... I don't want no uniform, and I don't want no book of rules.
    Youth Youth Youth;  Generation X

Lemmings for the Atari 8-bits?

Post by John Venes » Fri, 26 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm a fan of the Lemmings series of games, and am looking to collect all
the versions of it that I can. I was wondering if it ever came out on
the Atari 8-bits? I couldn't find it in Yogi's Jellystone Park
(http://mars.superlink.net/scharles/).

Thank you for listening,

                John

--
John Veness, Network Support, Diabetes Research Labs, University of
Oxford

Post by Ivan Mackintos » Sat, 27 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm a fan of the Lemmings series of games, and am looking to collect all
> the versions of it that I can. I was wondering if it ever came out on
> the Atari 8-bits? I couldn't find it in Yogi's Jellystone Park
> (http://mars.superlink.net/scharles/).

I have heard of 2 versions of lemmings for the Atari 8bit but have not
seen either (posibly due to them never being finished). The first one
is advertised on Bill Kendricks' New Breed Software page with a coming
soon label next to it. The other one was programmed by a Slovakian guy
who unfortunately passed away before the project was complete. Derek

code and is looking for a programmer to finish the game off.

--

XFD/ATR Utilities: http://greebo.onlinemagic.co.uk/~dok/atari8/

Lemmings for the Atari 8-bits?

Post by Yog » Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:00:00

-Hi,
-
-I'm a fan of the Lemmings series of games, and am looking to collect
all
-the versions of it that I can. I was wondering if it ever came out on
-the Atari 8-bits? I couldn't find it in Yogi's Jellystone Park
-(http://mars.superlink.net/scharles/).
-
Lemmings itself is not available, but there is at least one clone of
it.
However, I am at a loss to remember the name (too much software, too
little gray matter)

Lemmings for the Atari 8-bits?

Post by John Hard » Mon, 29 Jul 1996 04:00:00

On Jul 27, 1996 03:07:01 in article <Re: Lemmings for the Atari 8-bits?>,

>-Hi,
>-
>-I'm a fan of the Lemmings series of games, and am looking to collect
>all
>-the versions of it that I can. I was wondering if it ever came out on
>-the Atari 8-bits? I couldn't find it in Yogi's Jellystone Park
>-(http://mars.superlink.net/scharles/).
>-
>Lemmings itself is not available, but there is at least one clone of
>it.
>However, I am at a loss to remember the name (too much software, too
>little gray matter)

There was a lemmings clone called "The Brundles" that cam out a few years
back. I believe Best Electronics still sells it.

John

Lemmings for the Atari 8-bits?

Post by John Venes » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Dear all,

Thanks for all the replies to my question as to whether Lemmings was
available for the Atari. I realised that it was a long shot, but it *is*
available for the C64, Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, which are of a similar
generation to the Atari, as well as later 8-bit consoles (GG, GB, SMS,
NES), so I thought it *might* be possible.

LEMMINGS.COM which is certainly *something*. It looks like a demo, with
a scrolly text along the top (saying "ARGS-LEMMINGS - IDEE UND GRAFIX:
BLACK PANTHER - MUSIK: EISBAR CORP. - PROGRAMM: JOJO JUNGLE SOFT") and
some largeish Lemmings falling down the screen. That seems to be it, no
playable game or anything.

It looks like the answer is that there is no official Lemmings for the
Atari. Thank you for your help!

                John

--
John Veness, Network Support, Diabetes Research Labs, University of
Oxford

1. Lemmings/More Lemmings 4 Sale

*  Lemmings/OH NO! More Lemmings Bundle

   Includes original cartons, disks, docs

Thanks,

Bob Malay

*                                                *
*  Robert M. Malay    Unisys Corporation         *
*                     Government Systems Group   *
*                     12010 Sunrise Valley Drive *
*                     Reston, VA 22091           *
*                                                *

*  703.620.7750                                  *

2. Problem with MultiLineEdit in DialogWindow

3. Atari 7800 Maria chip + Atari 8-bits

4. compaq / cassiopeia / full reset / diagnostics

5. FS: Sweet16 (65C816 CPU for Atari 8-bits)

6. Gui and XML

7. Are atari 8-bits unrepairable?!?

8. Atari 8-Bits w/RGB Monitors

9. Number of Atari 8-bits in use