TOS loading in RAM

Post by Mik » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I got several programs that allegedly load alternate versions of TOS
in RAM, but no directions on how to configure it, except for RAMTOS26
which crashes on bootup.  It may be the version of TOS 2.06 that I
aquired, but I have TOS 1.04 on another ST and used TOSDUMP to get an
IMG file of it and I still can't get it loaded (using something other
than RAMTOS, since it seems to be only for 2.06.

QUICKTOS crashes, and seems to be only for downgrading to tos 1.0,
which I already have, so I'm not surprised it crashed loading 1.04.

I have several others such as RELO_TOS and TOSBOOT but don't know
where to put the files to have them boot.  Sometimes they're suppose
to go in the AUTO folder, other times in any folder.  I'm going to
keep trying different ways until it works.

Any suggestions anyone may have would be welcome.

TOS loading in RAM

Post by Pera Putni » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>I got several programs that allegedly load alternate versions of TOS
>in RAM, but no directions on how to configure it, except for RAMTOS26
>Any suggestions anyone may have would be welcome.

   Try my program SELTOS. Download it at:

  http://members.tripod.com/~piters/atari/tosload.htm .

 No any configuration required.

     Pera

TOS loading in RAM

Post by Mik » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>>I got several programs that allegedly load alternate versions of TOS
>>in RAM, but no directions on how to configure it, except for RAMTOS26
>>Any suggestions anyone may have would be welcome.

>   Try my program SELTOS. Download it at:

>  http://members.tripod.com/~piters/atari/tosload.htm .

I just did.  :)  Thanks.  Oh, there's some bad links on your page.

I'll let you know how it goes.

if you post these docs the someone might be able to help you?

note that you don't have to run the whole TOS to fix a bug. you could
just intercept some vectors.

to put a new TOS in memory, this TOS needs to be relocateable.
AFAIK the old TOSes, including TOS2.05 and TOS 2.06 are not.

Laurent.

2. comp.text Frequently Asked Questions

3. RESET from C, TOS LOAD, QUICK TOS a

4. ps2pdf

5. Antic & Analog Type-Ins?

6. Videoconferencing w/Mac & SGI

7. Introducing SID-LOAD: an utility to load games from the PC harddisk into XL-IT.

8. Allowing users to add machines to domain

9. TT RAM vs ST RAM (Was Re: TT Socketed Ram)

10. soft loading TOS on a mega st?

12. Pre-tos loading crashes...