Atari 1040STf: Flickering display?

Post by Tim » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:23:27

I have a 1040ST that upon coldboot shows a flickering display.  Not read bad
kinda like someone was jiggling the cable all the time.  As the machine
warms up it gets less and less evident to an almost normal state.  Any ideas
as to the cause?  I reseated all chips!

Tim

Atari 1040STf: Flickering display?

Post by HP Gu » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:22:33

dry caps in the powersupply, blanket change them all, problem solved.

Quote:> I have a 1040ST that upon coldboot shows a flickering display.  Not read
bad
> kinda like someone was jiggling the cable all the time.  As the machine
> warms up it gets less and less evident to an almost normal state.  Any
ideas
> as to the cause?  I reseated all chips!

> Tim

Atari 1040STf: Flickering display?

Post by Tim » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:30:15

Quote:> dry caps in the powersupply, blanket change them all, problem solved.

Tried a different PS same thing.

Thanks
Tim

Atari 1040STf: Flickering display?

Post by HP Gu » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:06:05

then it could be dry joints around the video shifter, as it heats up, the
gaps get smaller etc. even the video socket, could even be the monitor.