WriteAtr V0.92 available

Post by Matthias Reic » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:48:04

Finally, I've uploaded version 0.92 of WriteAtr to my homepage
http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/

The major changes between V0.91 and V0.92 are:

* Support for higher capacity formats (360k/720k/1.44M) is working now.

* High capacity formats are supported in three different mappings:
  - ATR8000 compatible (used by most Atari high capacity drives):
    first side 1 is written, then side 2.
  - 'PC style' (eg Karin Maxi): starts with track 0 / side 1, then
    track 0 / side 2, then track 1 / side 1, ...
  - XF551: first side 1 is written, then side 2 in reverse order

* Written sectors are now verified by default, so you can detect
  bad floppy disks.

* Whenever an error occurs, the exact position and error code is
  reported and the user may chose to abort/rety/ignore the current
  operation.

* I've fixed several smaller bugs in the disk-access layer (mainly
  concerning the high capacity formats) and added some more
  debugging info.

If you've been using an earlier version of WriteAtr, please upgrade
to the current version. Especially the 'verify writes' feature can
save you from a lot of troubles with bad media.

so long,

Hias

1. Uploaded WriteAtr V0.91 beta

I've got several requests to support higher capacity disk drives, and
therefore decided to upload a new preliminary version of WriteAtr
(V0.91 beta) to my homepage.

The new version is designed to support the following formats:
- 360k DS/DD 5.25"
- 360k DS/DD 5.25", as used by the XF551 drive (reversed track order
  on side 2)
- 720k DS/DD 3.5"
- 1.44M DS/HD 3.5"

Have a look at the documentation included in the ZIP-file for more
information.

Please note that I did not yet have the possibility to test the new
code with real Atari disk drives, since I do not own a XF551 and
currently don't have access to my 3.5" (HDI) drive.  So, if possible,
test it yourself, and email/post your experiences! (So far, I
have only tested the code for 180k SS/DD 5.25" disks with my 1050 -
and it seems to work)

If you are having troubles with V0.91 beta, please use the older
version V0.9 beta.

You can download both versions from my homepage:
http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/

so long,

Hias

2. MBONE won't execute?

3. Atari User Group meeting - Wed Nov 11/92

4. any known neg. caching bugs in 4.9.2-ALPHA2?

5. Atari User Group Meeting - Wed Aug 12/92

6. T7G Technical FAQ version 1.12

7. Atari User Group Meeting - Wed June 10/92

8. SAN

9. ACE '92 Update: Prizes and Banquet

10. Atari BBS list - 1/92

11. NEWsie.92 TEST